Chapter 5-B: Are We Still Besties?

I sit at Moca's kitchen table with her taking a short break from our project and get a text from Ako talking about how weird it is the high schoolers in the cheer game she plays has recess. She texted she's jealous with a crying face.

Moca teases, "Hmm, her game has recess in high school! Looks like she's not the only one who makes up stuff she wants about school. Does this mean Moca gets recess soon?"

I snort a little while laughing, "No Moca I think it'd be pushing it quite a bit. As much as I want it myself too."

Moca says, "Are you making silly noises Ran? Maybe you can do that when you sing?"

I just remembered to unfollow Jojo Siwa because she babysat North West meaning she's friends with Kim Kardashian and Kanye. North West is such a stupid name. Like America makes fun of anime because of a few weird and gross niche genres like anything with tentacles or weird and gross age differences in a romance. But at least we don't worship overrated jokes like Kim and Kanye. Kim Kardashian said she has nothing bad to say about Trump so she's not exactly the smartest person in the world and Kanye wanted to be his bestie.

Jojo's frog emojis in her video descriptions were always sus but the pieces are falling into place. Oh I so can't wait to tell Kokoro, she wants to tour with Jojo like so badly. They have so much in common too since they're both hyper and act like kids. As annoying as Kokoro can be she loves making people happy so I can't do that to my friend.

Wow, did I just call Kokoro my friend?

We go back to doing our project as I look at my tablet then tell Moca, "I wrote down if you cut down a rainforest in one country you're making it worse for the rest of the world too because you have fewer trees to absorb carbon and turn into oxygen. Nature doesn't care how much you love your country or stupid leader or traditions people themselves invent anyway."

Moca looks up oh good I wonder if she helped, "I was reading something bad happening in the US."

I sip my hot cup of tea. "I seriously hate people who want the Handmaid's Tale to be real. Certain parts of America are on their way and it's sickening."

Moca says in a serious tone. "These guys making laws about women's bodies don't know anatomy."

Me and Moca walk down the street on the way to Tsugu's coffee shop. Tomoe sounds really excited I wonder what it could be?

People walk by and I kinda feel bad walking side by side with Moca taking up more sidewalk space.

That tourist is going to crash into us isn't she?

Me and Moca look up at her, waiting for her to move. I'm so sick of always moving for other people.

She was going to pick me up but I push her arms away. I hate it whenever people try lifting me.

Oh there's the fake kindergarten teacher smile. "I need to get somewhere young lady."

I made the fake face back to her and say in a creepy voice, "Okay."

She makes an offended face at me. Doesn't feel so good at the other end now does it? Okay can be such an ugly word it's used to dismiss yet they want you to think they heard you.

She looks over my shoulder smiling then Moca looks back and the tourist's face drops. "I thought you people were supposed to be so polite."

You people? You people? Oh that is it.

I cross my arms looking up to her, "You'd like that, wouldn't you? We'll move if you say excuse me."

Moca! Why'd you walk around her! Ugh, Moca, I love you but please we need to show we won't be pushed aside on our own sidewalk.