Chapter 14

"No way!" Sam squeals from her bed and launches herself into my arms, squeezing me very tight

"No way!" Sam squeals from her bed and launches herself into my arms, squeezing me very tight. "That's so awesome Eva! I'm so happy for you."

"Thank you," I chuckle through her hair that smothers half of my face and I blow some pieces out that got in my mouth.

"So how was it? Tell me everything," she demands after pulling away and we sit across from each other on her bed.

When I got back to the room, Sam was there and I told her about what has happened over the past 12 hours. She was upset at first that I didn't tell her sooner but she got so excited when I told her what happened on the date. She couldn't believe it and I told her I couldn't either. It still doesn't feel real to me. It's only been a couple hours since our date, but it already feels like a lifetime ago.

Tre and I walked back to the dorm holding hands and I think I had a smile plastered on my face the entire time. My butterflies were at an all time high, but they were soothed with the touch of warmth from Tre's hand. His hands are always so warm. I didn't know if Tre would try to kiss me or something when we got back. But when we got to the dorm, he stood in front of me and I was prepared for him to try to kiss me, but instead, he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into his chest. His chest is hard and muscular, but he's warm and smells really good.

He arms tightened and my face was buried in his chest, but I smiled big again and closed my eyes, likening the way his arms feel around me. His arms are really muscular but they feel protective and soft at the same time. I felt like nothing could harm me in that moment of being embraced against him, like he was shielding me away from anything that could come towards me.

I only come up to his shoulders so he laid his chin against the top of my head and I wish we could've stayed like that all night. In a weird way, I liked being wrapped around him and I didn't want it to end.

When we did finally pull away, he leaned in and pressed his lips against my cheek. I stopped breathing for a few seconds from having his lips really close to mine. I felt a little disappointed that it was only my cheek he kissed, but I appreciated that he wasn't trying to force anything.

I walked to my room with a goofy smile on my face and I knew Tre was watching me as I went inside, which made me even more giddy.

"Did he try to kiss you?" Sam asks after I tell her everything about the date.

I shake my head. "No he didn't. I wasn't expecting him to either. I'm kind of glad he didn't yet because I think I would embarrass myself a lot since I don't really know how to kiss."

Sam chuckles. "Every first kiss is gonna be a little off, Eva. That's why it's called a first kiss."

"I don't know how to do it though." I sigh. "Like where do I put my lips at and how do I move them in synch with his? And where does my tongue go? What if I end up biting him or something?" I rant off and run my hand through my hair.