Fondness ||Moonsun||

Some self indulgent, basically plotless moonsun fluff because why would I work on preexisting drafts lmao

***

Byulyi was very fond of Yongsun, that was obvious to anyone really. Even when they were trainees and they didn't get along much, Byulyi still admired her unnie. As they became closer, she was more open with her affection and made it clear how much she loved her best friend.

Yongsun pretended to get exasperated when Byulyi was particularly grabby, pushing her away or rolling her eyes. She wouldn't initiate skinship and would often shy away from affection in public. Still, that didn't mean she didn't relish in the adoration sometimes.

Public skinship just wasn't her thing, even though she humoured it because she knew it kept Byulyi calm. Nevertheless, She really did love Byul, she had grown to be her best friend and the one person she could trust the most. She often surrendered to the younger woman's insistent backhugs and clinging when they were alone, finding no reason to deny either of them the comfort then.

Even if she brushed off her attention sometimes, Yongsun really did love it. Of course she'd never let Byulyi know just how much she enjoyed being pulled into a casual backhug or her random hand holding. She loved how close they'd grown because it gave her a sense of security and comfort. Yongsun saw how much her best friend adored her and in all honesty it made her heart sing.

She loved their soft moments alone the most. Loved when Byul would tug her into her arms in between performances, hidden in the darkened backstage area away from prying eyes. She adored when they would sit together in the waiting room while waiting to film their scenes in music videos, her head in Byulyi's lap as she played with her hair. She was rather fond of the times when they'd stayed the night together, finding silent reassurance in the warmth of each other's arms.

They weren't dating, not for the longest time. They never explicitly defined their relationship for real. It wasn't about that really. Yongsun knew Byulyi probably had feelings for her and maybe she too felt something more. Their closeness seemed more than platonic that's for sure, but it really didn't matter. They didn't need a label just yet, they were happy just being there for each other's comfort and basking in mutual love in their alone time. They knew they belonged to each other, in whatever sense of belonging one chose to use. To them, all that mattered was the safety they found in each other.

Yongsun never noticed just how happy she was about Byulyi's level of comfort with her. She just new she's grown to adore the way Byul addressed her so fondly. She loved when the honourifics dropped, despite her previous adamance on being seen as a respected leader by younger members. Yongsun just couldn't help but melt when Byulyi called her "Yong" to catch her attention. She loved the way she would light up when she saw her, nose scrunching as she exclaimed happily to the vlive audience that, "Ddunnie's here!"

She loved the little nicknames because it felt so personal. It made her feel truly adored when Byulyi called out a soft "Ddun"  and then press a kiss to her cheek when Yongsun looked at her. It felt so natural to response to that impossibly soft and adoring tone that Byulyi only used with her. It made her feel so loved, so admired, so important; and she couldn't get enough of it.

One recent night in particular is a fond memory of hers. They were alone in Yongsun's apartment, Byul had dropped by claiming she would just take a nap while Yongsun worked on YouTube video prep. Yonghee wasn't home and Byulyi had commandeered the couch, her long limbs sprawled across the furniture as she dozed off with a squirtle plushie squished to her chest.