OTP challenge day 2 ||moonsun||

Day 2: morning routine

***

"Yongsun?" Byulyi's low voice drifted down the hallway, reaching her girlfriend who was in the kitchen.

"Yeah, Baby?" Yongsun called back, looking up from the pan she had been tending to on the stove.

Byulyi peeked around the doorway, she had a towel wrapped around her body and her dark hair was still wet, "Have you seen my red button up? I can't find it."

The blonde smiled at her forgetful partner, "I ironed it last week, it should be in the closet. I think I hung it near your dark blue shirts."

Byulyi nodded and moved to disappear back down the hall, turning back at the last second to peek back around the corner.

"What's up, Byul-ah?" Yongsun asked when she noticed her still there, not looking up from the food this time.

"Thank you," the younger replied with a soft smile, "I love you."

Yongsun glanced back up just to catch a glimpse of her girlfriend's retreating back and she laughed lowly to herself. Left alone once again in the kitchen, she started singing along to the music she had playing. Shutting off the stove, Yongsun moved the pan to the hot pad she had placed on the counter.

"Breakfast is ready when you are, love," Yongsun called to Byulyi, collecting two plates from the cupboard as she did. Her girlfriend called back a reply, citing that she'd be out a few moments. The older woman split the food she made in half, placing an even portion on each of their plates and then transferring the pan to the sink.

By the time Yongsun had sat down at the table, coffee in hand and food in front of her, she had two dogs already at her feet. She sighed as she met four hopeful puppy eyes, Daebak's cropped tail attempting to wag happily at her.

"Look at you, Daebakkie, teaching the puppy to beg for scraps," Yongsun shook her head, "Don't follow your brother's example, Keongang-ah."

"Talking to the dogs again, Unnie?" Byulyi mused as she walked into the kitchen, stopping beside her girlfriend to press a kiss against her forehead.

"As if you don't," Yongsun replied as she smiled warmly at Byulyi, "I'll get you some coffee."

When she returned, Byulyi's favourite red coffee mug in hand, her girlfriend was sat at the table waiting for her. She thanked Yongsun as she took the cup, a content smile still gracing her lips. They ate breakfast in comfortable silence, save for moments when Byulyi complimented her cooking or when Yongsun told Daebak to stop begging for food.

Byulyi was the first to leave the table, collecting her empty dishes and moving to the sink to put them down. Yongsun got up moments later, setting her dishes beside the sink and hovering beside Byulyi for a moment.