Love & Hate ||Hwabyul||

"Ahn Hyejin, what the hell was that?"

Byulyi was obviously flustered, her cheeks flushed bright red and forehead crinkled as she fixed Hyejin with a pout. They had returned to the waiting room after their encore stage, without Wheein and Yongsun, in a slightly uncomfortable silence on Byulyi's side of things. She glared at the dark haired girl in front of her, who laughed and threw herself down into a makeup chair.

"Don't act like that, Byulie," Hyejin raised an eyebrow, "Didn't you like it?"

Byulyi squeaked in annoyance, "That's not the point! We were on stage, Hyejin!"

"And the fans wanted us to kiss each other. You're the one who started it." Hyejin had pulled out her phone and was scrolling lazily through the fancafe, making a show of the fact that she was indifferent about what had happened less than 20 minutes before.

"But-" Byulyi sighed deeply and tugged on her hair, mussing up her previously straightened bangs, "Just cheek kisses, Hyejin. I didn't think you'd take it that far."

"Unnie, it's not a big deal," Hyejin met her worried gaze, "I doubt they even saw anything, I turned far enough to the back of the stage."

"Why are you like this?" Byulyi huffed and sat down in the chair across from the younger, "How can you be so indifferent about this?"

Hyejin shrugged, "The fans eat this kind of stuff up, Byulyi. If anything, we just made their whole month," her musical laugh didn't do much to ease Byulyi's worries and the older sighed as she gave up arguing.

When Byulyi's nagging stopped and she fell silent, Hyejin looked up. The older girl was slumped in her chair, pout still present on her lips and eyes focused on the floor. She was obviously overthinking the situation again, something Hwasa had previously chastised her for countless times.

"Byulie," Hyejin sighed and stood up, moving to crouch in front of the older girl. She set her hands on Byulyi's bare thighs, squeezing them gently until the brunette made eye contact with her.

"What?"

Hyejin rolled her eyes, "Don't be like that." She didn't like the cold and snappy tone Byulyi replied with, though she knew it wouldn't last long. Her girlfriend would pout for a while but eventually come back looking for reassurance and hugs; as Byulyi always did.

"I'm-" Byulyi averted her eyes again, "I'm scared, Hyejin-ah. What happens if people realize it was a real kiss? What will the CEO say, what if this starts a scandal? You know people will say anything to tarnish our image, it's happened before. I'm worried, you know how risky that was."

Hyejin frowned, realizing just how much overthinking Byulyi had managed to do in only half an hour. She was right, it had been risky. Still, it wasn't entirely Hyejin's fault. The fans had asked Byulyi to kiss her members and Byulyi, greasy as ever, had complied. Yongsun had acted weird about it like always, cringing away from her best friend. Wheein hadn't reacted, simply letting her unnie kiss her cheek as she often did with the puppy-like girl. Hyejin knew she was the next target of Byulyi's affection so she had braced herself to jokingly fight back.

However, when Byulyi had approached her with that all too familiar smirk and a teasing crook of her finger, Hyejin had lost all inhibitions. With the adrenaline of their win still running through her, Hyejin hadn't though much of it when she pulled her girlfriend into her arms and kissed her. It wasn't even a big kiss, just a chaste peck on the lips. She was sure it had only looked like a dramatic cheek kiss to fans, but Byulyi was convinced otherwise and had been anxiously glancing at her for the rest of their time on stage.

"Byulie, I promise it's not that big of a deal. Fans expect this from us, they know we're the greasiest of the members. They'll just make jokes about it," Hyejin laughed as a thought occurred to her, "Maybe they'll even write fan fiction about it."