Staribg for a moment to make sure it was good, Axel rolled his eyes and he walked away. But why was he walking away? He didn't need to go back and find Roger. Unsure of what he should do, he decided to wait. He walked back, looking down. He sat down on the floor next to Freya.

His head had thankfully stopped pounding, only feeling like an aching bruise. He raised his hand to his dark waves and he began feeling along his forehead. His gash from the hammer was scabbed over and there was a large bruise where he had been hit by the rifle. Axel blinked, resting his elbows on his knees, realizing that this was the first time he had gotten to rest since the attack.

He found himself thinking about all he hadn't been through, he had almost drowned, gotten attacked by a hammer, had to deal with a broken ankle. He had been beaten by the soldiers and then hit in the head with a rifle. Axel purses his lips, and then sighed. Was he selfish to think about all that? He survived it all. He should be thankful. He heard a sigh behind his headband and he turned, looking at Freya. He was thankful. He would make it up to her.

She had just lost her life thanks to him. Her home. Her freedom. Her normal daily routines. Because she had gone out of her way to help him.

Axel smiled and reached forward, brushing a piece of hair off her face. He would make it up to her. Somehow. He wondered what Freya's father had been like. Part of him was sad that he had died, if he had been like Freya, he would have been a good man.

Axel watched the hair fall right back into her face and slightly frustrated she hadn't worn it up, gen reached forward again to remove it off her face. As he accidentally stroked her cheek, her blue orbs opened.

Axel blinked in shock, his face lighting up as he stared awkwardly at her. He watched her blush, her eyes widening in confusion. Axel exhaled and drew back, feeling completely flustered. Freya chuckled quietly, looking away. Axel felt guilty almost, had he scared her?

"I, There was hair on your face." He explained, half smiling and then dropping the smile as he was unsure of what her response would be.

Freya groggily sat up, her eyes flickering down to his bare chest and then back up. "Well...okay. Um. You should as Roger for a shirt." The blush on her face faded as she stretched, then she looked around. "How long was I asleep? Where are we?"

The door opened and Roger entered the house. He looked at the two and then shrugged and walked into the room, tossing some of the stuff on the couch onto the floor save he sat.  Axel sat on the floor, facing them.

"Your at his house. And not long," he answered simply.  Freya blinked, staring behind him as she then yawned and nodded.

"Okay."

"Uh, I would say make yourselves at home. But there's not much to it, so.." Roger blinked. "Well, there are two bedrooms upstairs. And dinner will be caught soon." He stared, leaning against the sofa.

Roger looked at Axel, then he smirked, "Here, take my shirt." He pulled his shirt over his head and tossed it at Axel, who caught it with a shocked expression. "Better to have the lady see a real man shirtless..."

Axel blinked. "What does that mean?" He asked, narrowing his eyes as he looked down at the shirt.

Roger stretched and Axel saw him reveal his 6 pack. Axels green eyes narrowed as he frowned in disgust. Did Roger really think that was that important? Sure, Roger may have a better build and be more muscular, but Axel was glad he was the way he was. Axel smiled as Freya rolled her eyes and dropped her head into her hands.

"It means the German army is lazy and doesn't make their boys do enough sit ups." Roger stated, patting his stomach and chuckling.

Even if he was bragging, Axel knew he was also trying to lighten the mood. He played along. "Well, at least we have manners. And aren't Jerk faces." Axel shot back, eyes playful as he watched Freya out of the corner of his eye. She looked up, smiling.

"Jerk faces?" Roger questioned, raising an eyebrow and turning to Freya. "Out of all the words you had to teach him, you taught him Jerkface? That's so childish! What about d-"

Freya cut him off. "Roger, be quiet. It's better than any other words." She replied, grinning as Axel watched, confused.

Roger scowled. "And I do have manners."

"That's a lie." Freya laughed.

Roger blinked, "Is not risking your life for your friend here not showing some form of manners?" He asked.

Axel blinked. "That doesn't count." Freya nodded.

"That was an act of heroism and bravery." She added.

Roger smiled. "Okay. Fine. I'll show y'all though. You both just wait. I'll have you looking like a pig when I show you what my manner look like!" He laughed, pointing at Axel, finger inches from his face.

Axel looked to the side and pushed his hand aside. "Sure."

Freya shook her head, laughing. Axel grinned. Then, she paused, frowning a little as she brushed her waves aside.

"So. What happens now?"