Chp 16 Count Petrus Wraiths Escort Mission (part 5)

When we finished up at the river we went back up to the camp site and to caravan everyone was up by now. Some people were still going down to the river. Everyone was just doing something while waiting for everyone to get ready to go, some sharpening weapons others sparring some testing skills etc.

I told the Lunas Mortem group (my friends) I wanted to go out to the plains up ahead and I'll meet up with them when I get back. They said they didn't mind and I could take my time.

If I didn't get back before they moved they would come this way anyway so I don't have to take track of time. I took this chance to talk to Lylah since it was just me, her and Esteel. Otherwise I might look a bit, a lot crazy talking and having a conversation with a crow. I could talk to them using telepathy now but it's nice to talk to someone with your own voice.

"Hey Lylah I saw you in the trees at the camp and the river. You're quite the observer."- Me.

"Yes, I suppose it was more of a hobby then anything but it had become more useful to me now that I'm contracted and have a job to do."- Lylah.

"I agree, sometimes the most dangerous thing is information rather than tradition weapons. Be careful though Lylah often the ones who have all the information are the ones who are targeted first, when people try to cover up they're own info and any misdoings that have become know by the holders of that information. Then again if you can stay safe then it is most certainly a powerful sword, if not double sided."- Me.

"...Yes.. i must say My Lord that you are very insightful yourself, I'm not even sure you would need my expertise in observation with your own skill so apparently good."- Lylah.

"Hmm... i suppose but I'm not quite bothered about doing it. Its also nice to have someone else do it for you. Of course you would need to trust them though because, they can be very deceitful at times. If they are trustworthy then it's no problem. If they become a hindering problem then you simply need to.. get rid of them. It would also lower the risk of having it be traced back to you. I think you are ok Lylah since you're contracted and strong enough not to be controlled, you are also smart enough to know what to do in particular circumstances.

So worry not we will become great companions."- I say giving Lylah a slight smile at the end.

"Yes My Lord I shall serve you to my upmost ability and of course loyalty, you are truly very impressive."- Lylah.

"Isn't he great. Young Master is very wise and a wonderful master. I shall also serve and guard you as well as I possibly can."- Esteel.

"Thank you, both of you."- Me.

"Young Master, sorry to ruin the mood but about the things that happened at the river."- Me.

"Yes, Esteel and I are both worried about that, I heard what you said as well but about the other scars-".- Lylah.

"-Its fine Lylah, Esteel don't worry about it. Its not necessary for you to know right now. You'll know eventually though for everything can't be hidden forever just forgive me for now because I'm not wanting to talk about."- Me.

"Of course Young Master, if you don't want to talk about it right now that is perfectly fine. You not need be asking for forgiveness for you don't need to ask that from us who serve you because you should always be forgiven. Even then you shouldn't need to ask to be forgiven because you aren't ready to talk and none should force you to."- Esteel.

"Thank you Esteel."- Me.

"No problem, I'm sure Lylah agrees."- Esteel.

"Esteel is right, I also agree."- Lylah.