Chp 11 Disguises

After registering we were dragged to the shopping district by Rachel, who insisted on shopping around for accessories as well as disguises which I wasn't fond of but in hope of finally getting a disguise and not getting stared at constantly I put up with her nonsensical blabbering on how magnificent jewellery is and how it shows that one is wealthy, talented, elegant and good enough to even buy good looking expensive jewellery.

After an hour or two of looking at dress shops we arrived at a clothes shop that looked like it would do disguises.

We walked into the shop, as the door opened a bell rung signifying our arrival, a person appeared from the back of the shop. They seemed to be a female, but she didn't appear very feminine but instead very muscular and experienced in battle. She came over to us and seemed a bit surprised.

"What would the top students of the magic academy be doing here, surely you have no need to hide, and I don't see how you would come here to get armour. If you did you could go somewhere with more.... royal-ish prestige."- Female shop owner.

So basically she's saying that we're not suited here because of our "silver spoon" upbringing. That our appearances don't seem to be the fighting for survival or to make a living type and more the theatrical, 'look at me' type.

"We're here for disguises to hide our identities, it would help with people not associating our images that have been created rather than our actual selves."- Me.

She seemed to get the message that I knew what she was trying to get at.

"I-i see."- Woman.

"Do you think that you could sell us some disguises. "- Me.

"Yes I can. Come over here."- Woman.

The woman took us over to an area where there was armours and cloaks.

"You might find what you're looking for here."- Woman.

"Thank you." - Me.

"No problem."- Woman.

Rachel hopped eagerly around the shopping eyeing anything that looked cute to her. Spotting a battle dress section of the shop she took off leaving us guys to our own devices, soon though we all split off to look for things that took our interests. Shane looked for crossbows, bows and arrows and Matthew went to find some mage robes or a staff or something similar. Luke went to look for axes, armour and whatnot and Hyxcel just kinda loitured about the swords. I went over to the daggers and cloaks section and Esteel followed me.

I told him he could look around as well but he said that he would rather guard me and that this section probably suited him best anyway.

I picked up a few daggers and throwing knives and to my surprise poisons as well although it seemed they were the kind that only really affected monsters or beasts. Esteel said that they would also work on creatures like him that could be contracted but it wouldn't affect him just the lower ranked once or ones that we're contracted to weak humans.

He said that contracted beasts get a backlash if the master dies and they get permanent pains or die as well whereas if the beast dies then the master would only most likely faint or be unconscious for a short time.

I decided to buy a few of the posions and the daggers, when I went to the counter the others were there as well and we all had bought some things as well. Rachel bought a few dresses and the other guys bought a few weapons or armour.

"I think we should look for disguises now that we're all together."- Rachel.

"Okay, let's do so now."- Me.

"Young Master i found that some of the cloaks in the place we were just at would look quite good on you."- Esteel.

"Thanks Esteel, we should probably get you something as well since you are always with me and it would be meaningless if people recognise us because you're always at my side."- Me.