chapter thirty six

Start from the beginning

"Lillie, you gotta have more faith me in. If i wanna win, i'm gonna win." Tyler said definatly. 

HOllee moved so that she was stood next to Tyler and I. "Good luck with that, Tyler."

Tyler laughed. "I'm going to ignore the sarcasm and just say 'Thank you.'"

I patted his cheek and then gave it a little pinch. "Hollee's going to say 'you're welcome' and then we're both going to laugh when you lose."

"I guess i'd have to not lose then." Tyler said. His eyes scanning the crowd. "Next up?" He asked everyone. A tall, muscular, blond stepped forward and took a seat in the chair opposite Tyler. Who was grinning widely. 

I pulled away from him and stood next to Hollee beside the table. "I hate to say this -Considering we were just saying he was going to lose...But he's going to win this one...Easily." I mumbled to Hollee. 

She nodded. "I know."

Tyler and the blonde both lent their elbows on the table and gripped each others hands tightly. The blonde eyes were narrowed as they watched Tyler who was just smirking at him, taunting him in a way.

"Go, Ty!" I called out to him just as the bell rang. 

Their hands stayed in the middle. I wasn't even sure whether they had actually heard the bell until i glanced over at the Blonde. His face was tense, jaw clenched tightly and his face was turning a light pink colour. Tyler though, didn't see any different, except that his knuckles had turned a white colour. 

"C'mon, Ty." I cheered. Tyler glanced over at me and Hollee and then he slammed the Blonde's hand down hand onto the wooden table. 

Alone with everyone else, Hollee and I applauded and cheered. Although mine fell silent as soon as Mason made his way through the crowd and sat facing Tyler. 

"Think you can take me on?" He asked Tyler. 

Tyler nodded. "Bring it." 

Hollee couldn't take her eyes of the Lockwoods, she was curious as to who would win, and If i was being honest -So was I.

Mason and Tyler got into position, hands grasping eachothers tightly and waited for the bell to ring. I shuffled slightly on the spot, not feeling comfortable standing this close to Mason, and as if sensing this Mason glanced over at me -A smirk tuggin at his lips and then just as the bell rang, he sent a wink my way.

MY body tensed up and I took a step back, my bottom lip caught between my teeth. She decided to look at anyway but the two guys challenging each other. Her eyes skimmed the room, looking for anyone familar and they landed on Damon standing in the doorway, arms crossed over his chest, eyes watching her, and the two guys. 

Just seeing Damon, made Lillie's entire body fill with rage. She wanted to get the closest wooden object she could find and shove it painfully through his chest, not caring what anyone said about it. She wanted him to feel as much pain as possible for killing her brother. 

Elena seemed to be over it now, she seemed to have forgiven Damon and I just couldnt understand how she could do that. Our baby brother was killed right in fronnt of us, by someone who was -I guess our friend. 

She'd use the excuse that he came back to life...But does that really matter. What if he wasn't wearing that magic ring? What if he didn't come back to life? Would she forgive him then? Because either way he was still dead. He was still murdered...Because of me. 

I left myself deflat at that thought. It was my fault...Elena was right.

Cheering brought me out of my thoughts and i jumped slighty. I glanced back at Tyler and Mason. Mason had won, and Tyler looked extremely put out about that, he quickly covered his disapointment with a fake smile. "Alright, he's the champ! Anyone wanna go against him."