9) Heatwave

Crowley and Aziraphale were in the bookshop, where the radio was playing quietly. It was a heatwave, surprisingly, and Aziraphale had miracled some fans into the bookshop. Crowley had ditched his sunglasses, and was lying snake-like across the sofa, and Aziraphale was sitting, cross legged, on the floor in front of one of him.

"Was this your doing, dear?"

Crowley groaned. "I wish it was, it'd be complete genius, angel."

Aziraphale laughed.

"But couldn't you just take responsibility for it, dear?"

Crowley paused, and then suddenly burst into laughter.

"So you really aren't so much of an angel as you hope!"

The angel blushed, embarrassed by this statement.

"I'm joking, I'm joking, angel, chill!"

"How was I meant to know?! You say it so often tha-"

The angel was cut off by Crowley pressing a light kiss to the back of his head.

"You worry too much, angel."

He returned to his half-asleep state on the sofa, leaving Aziraphale to his confused thoughts.

"Crowley?"

"Mhm?"

"Do you love me?"

Crowley spluttered, sitting up.

"Oh wouldn't you like to know, angel."

He wrapped his arms lazily around Aziraphale, and the angel blushed fiercely.

"Um, Crowley, dear?"

Crowley had fallen asleep.

Aziraphale attempted to escape from Crowley's hold, only to be met with a quiet mumble of,

"Don't leave me, angel."

Aziraphale smiled slightly.

"I love you too, dear."

----------------
229 words

Hi, I updated! I'm a bit worried that my writing has been getting worse because I've been getting less reads every story, but I really appreciate the votes because they show which stories are better so I can write ones in that style. So yeah thanks to all of you!