v. "new faces and new foods"

»»————- ⚜ ————-««

Anything Henrik expected to happen was nowhere near what actually happened. Henrik had not expected to imprint, nor had she expected to be imprinted on, the girl didn't even know what imprinting was. 

Feeling exposed because of everyone in the room, Henrik asked Paul, "Do you want to go outside?" Paul nodded his head. Henrik looked around for Leah, once she set her eyes on her she began walking over to her.

"Will you hold her?" Henrik asked, pointing her eyes at Hope. Leah nodded her head.

"Sure." Leah held her arms out, ready for the sleeping child. "Congrats, Henrik." Henrik smiled shyly and nodded her head. She then walked back to Paul and entwined her fingers with his. He led her to the front yard. There were a few lawn chairs a few yards away, so they chose to sit in them.

"Can you explain to me what just happened?" Henrik asked as she crossed her legs. She could feel the wind, but it had no effect on her body.

"We just imprinted on each other," Paul said simply. Seeing Henrik's confused face, Paul explained, "Imprinting is like finding your soulmate, but for wolves. Do you believe in soulmates, Henrik?"

Henrik loved the sound of her name when he said it. His voice was deep and smooth, like rich chocolate. Henrik nodded her head, "A lot of people I know have found their perfect match, like they were made specifically for each other."

Paul nodded his head, admiring Henrik while she did the same. Henrik memorized every centimetre of his face, shoulders, hands, legs. They analyzed everything they could. "You're eyes are beautiful," Paul said in a whisper.

Henrik looked down, unused to hearing compliments from people other than family, "They're just brown."

"And brown is stunning on you, Henrik." Paul stood up, bringing Henrik up to as their hands were still connected. He grabbed her other hand too, holding it gently in his larger one. Henrik slowly connected her eyes to Paul's.

His eyes were brown too, but they were even darker than Henrik's. While her's had a more golden tint, his were borderline black. Henrik felt like she could stare in his eyes forever.

"Thank you, Paul," Henrik murmured. She looked at the house, remembering the sleeping baby, "I need to bring Hope back to the house, but I'm wondering if you want to come with me. I haven't eaten dinner yet, so we can make something."

"Yeah, I'll run beside you and Leah can drive you there." Henrik nodded her head, that would work. They made their way back to the house, where the TV was still playing softly, Leah sat in the same position she was in before the duo walked out. 

"Leah, can you drive me and Hope back? Paul and I are going to hang out at my place." Leah nodded and stood up, she said her goodbyes to everyone and brought Hope to the car.

"Thank you for having me over, Emily. It was nice to finally meet all of you in person." She waved at all of them with her free hand, they all said their goodbyes. Henrik and Paul were making their way to the door when she turned back around, "Oh, I almost forgot, all of you are free to come over whenever, I'll always be there."

She gave them one last smile and they left.

»»————- ⚜ ————-««