ii. "pack introductions"

»»————- ⚜ ————-««

Voices, specifically voices that were not her own, were invading Henrik's mind. She was back a square one of this whole process, emotionally. Just as she began to acknowledge the very unexpected fact that she was a furry animal, Henrik was blind sided once again. 

I'm an animal and I have schizophrenia, Henrik immediately thought. She forced her lungs to breathe in more air than they were willing, trying to have control over something. The overbearing voices in her head were all talking over one another, which scared Henrik but it also irritated her to no extent. She couldn't focus on her family members trying to calm the overwhelmed teenager when the voices continued to get louder and louder.

SHUT THE HELL UP! Henrik yelled in her brain, unknowingly letting out a ferocious thunder of loud barks, ultimately giving everyone a fright. For a second, just a split-second, everything stopped. There was no noise, no movement, no anything. Although she rarely let it show, this was the Mikaelson fury she inherited. She closed her eyes, attempting to take deep breaths, and instead of finding darkness she was looking at a moving image of a forest.

This confused her to no end. She had never once stepped foot in a forest, only swamps. But, the forest was as clear as day with its thick trees, brightly pigmented leaves, the ground was covered in sticks and fallen foliage. But it wasn't just one image, no; it was several and they were all moving, she felt like she was going to puke. She focused her mind on not regurgitating, which meant completely blocking out both conversations going on, her families and the one in her head.

Then there were more voices and visuals in her head, only instead now there were wolves in them too. The insanely huge wolves were all circling and walking around each other, they all seemed stressed. Henrik unintentionally let out a whimper, not even knowing she had done it.

Out of nowhere a loud, powerful voice yelled a ground trembling, QUIET. It startled the young girl, but it made everything quiet so she was thankful for whatever that was. She let out a deep sigh she didn't know she was holding in, and thanked the voice in her mind to making it silent. The same deep voice began speaking again, Who are you? the voice asked.

She was appalled, Who am I? She let out a scoff, You're the one in my head and you're asking who I am. Who the fuck are you? Henrik's mind always filtered what came out of her mouth, but now she couldn't stop the thoughts running in her mind. If she could have spoken with her voice and not her mind, she would have been a hell of a lot calmer and polite with her words and actions.

She heard a few snickers in her head, it was really beginning to agitate her. She usually is never so quick to anger, so her response really shocked her. She looked around and finally took in her surroundings. She was in the courtyard while her family all surrounded her. They all seemed stressed for obvious reasons.

Niklaus was obviously on the phone threatening someone about getting here as fast as they can, most likely Elijah. Kol was watching as Nik yelled at the other Mikaelson broher, occasionally offering his own opinions and thoughts. Rebekah was also on the call trying to calm Nik, keep Kol in line so he didn't anger his brother more, and softly explaining the situation to Elijah. Freya was on the phone, talking to someone, but Henrik didn't know who. Hayley was cradling a sleeping Hope, but she began making her way over to Henrik.

Once Hayley reaches the over-sized wolf, she placed her hand in front of the young girl's snout and allowed her to sniff. After a moment of that, Hayley gently scratched the top of the overgrown head. Henrik relished in being gently touched, she felt too out of place for anything else.