Holiday spirit

The first few months of Shay's life I'm going to be skipping a lot. After the next part I'm going to skip to Jen's birthday/the vacation so she'll be about 6 months old.

I put Shay on her play mat so she can do a few things then go to start decorating our tree.

Brad walks over to me handing me a glass of wine "This makes decorating much more fun." He takes a few ornaments hanging them on the tree then walks over to Shay and puts one of the bows on her head "I don't think she likes this." He says as she starts crying.

I walk over and take it off of her head then lay her down to play again "You're mean." I laugh "If she doesn't like it you don't leave it on her head." I put the bow on Brad's head "That's better."

He takes the bow off and puts it on the tree where it belongs "She looked much better with it than the tree." He finishes putting the ornaments up then holds up the garland "Do we really need this? It's hard to put up."

"You're the only person I know who has to fight as much as you do with this to put it up." I take it and wrap it around the tree with no problems "See, I can do it. I guess I'm just better than you." I smirk and walk out into the kitchen with my empty glass to get more wine.

I feel Brad wrap his arms around me as he places his glass down next to mine "Maybe you are at that, but what about everything else?" He asks joking as he takes the bottle from me and fills our glasses then turns me around and kisses me "You're lucky you're so hot."

"I am?" I ask seductively as I sway my wine glass around gently "Does that get me out of doing other things?"

"It depends." He pulls me closer to him so our mouths are basically touching "What will you do for me?" He kisses me again more passionately.

"What do you want?" I ask, knowing the answer. I start to kiss him and put my glass down on the counter as he lifts me up so I'm sitting on it "What about Shay?"

Brad holds my hands down on the counter so I can't get up as he continually kisses me "She's fine." He picks me up and carries me to one of the guest rooms on this floor and lays me on the bed.

I quickly take off his shirt as he works on unbuttoning mine. Once I get it off I throw it on the floor and start to work on his pants. He starts whispering into my ear, the hotness of his breath making me shiver as let out little moans. I lean my head back to give him better access as he kisses me all over then makes his way back to my mouth quickly before moving on.

He teases me as he starts moving down my body kissing me all over again until he stops and starts to make out with me for a few minutes. Once he finally enters me he starts slow and picks up his speed as we both move in sync. We both finish around the same time and lay next to each other, pulling ourselves together.

"Sometimes I think the surprises end up being the best." I lay my head on Brad's chest listening to his heart beating "I wish they didn't end."

"They don't have to." He kisses my forehead playing with my hair "We just have to make more time."

I look around for my clothes then get up and throw Brad his "I want to stay like this, but we should probably go out and see if she's awake or not." I quickly get dressed then wait for Brad to do the same "Maybe we should just sit on the couch for a while. We have more alcohol, right?"

Brad goes into the kitchen then a few minutes later walks into the living room with our glasses and a new bottle as well as a bottle for when Shay gets hungry. He puts her bottle on the table and pours us each glasses then hands me one "We have plenty more." He picks up Shay off the floor and sits on the couch next to me "She looks lonely when she's laying there trying to play."

"She's a baby. She's just happy to be laying around." I start playing with Shay's fingers letting her hold mine "She has a good grip." I get her bottle from the table and take her from Brad and start to feed her "I still can't believe she's ours. It's crazy."

"I can't either. She's so perfect. I just hope we don't mess her up too much." Brad gets up and brings over a gift bag "I got each of you something, they're really Christmas presents, but I wanted you to see them."

I wait until she's done eating then sit her up on my lap and get the presents. They're necklaces, one for each of us. Mine is a heart with Shaelyn engraved on it, and hers is just a plain heart. I hold mine up looking at it closer "I love it! Where's your name though? Isn't it a family thing?"

He flips the heart over and shows me the back it "I wanted it to be special." He puts Shay's on her then waits for me to read his message.

I read the message 'To the beginning or our next journey.' I let Brad help me put it on then kiss him "I love you."

"I love you too." He kisses me back and pulls me along with Shay onto his lap "I could only have a certain number of words, but I definitely wanted more."

"It's the thought that counts." I remind him.

I know it's a short and really random part but I guess it's what I felt like writing.