twenty two.

jinyoung pulled his key out of his bag, unlocking the door to his and yugyeoms kind of shared apartment. they didn't exactly fully live there together but, they kind of did. yugyeom stayed their a lot and had a key and clothes in jinyoungs closet, but they weren't living together.

he was expecting to see yugyeom on the couch, watching tv, scrolling on his phone or even napping, at least that was what he usually came home to. it was dead silent in the apartment, and yugyeom was no where to be seen, which was quite odd, unless yugyeom was asleep in their room.

he set down his bags right by the door before slipping his shoes off. he was concerned, his baby wasn't answering calls and now it was way too quiet for his liking, plus the abrupt end of their call yesterday. he slowly walked and checked every room in the house.

he left the bedroom bathroom for last, the door usually stayed closed with the light on since he didn't pay for hydro, so it looked quite normal to him. but he still decided to check. he knew if yugyeom was in there he'd 100% be watching something on his phone, but there was no sound.

he slowly turned the handle, peaking in to see yugyeom sitting on the toilet seat, his face in his hands. his body was shaking slightly. jinyoung fully opened the door and frowned, he knew yugyeom knew he was there, he just really didn't acknowledge it.

"gyeom, what's wrong? look at me babe." jinyoung said softly, crouching in front of his baby, trying to get him to move his hands out of the way. the younger merely shook his head and kept his hands in the exact same spot.

"come on baby, please?" jinyoung was really trying, he wanted to see yugyeoms face but it was very hard to get him to even say something. he went to try to lightly pull on his hands. "jinyoung, stop it." his voice was muffled as he spoke in a sort of whiny tone.

jinyoung didn't stop though, if anything he started pulling a little harder. after a few more seconds of him putting on yugyeoms fingers and hands, his hands finally moved, and jinyoung was able to see his face, though he wished he couldn't.

he had a cut above his eyebrow, his lip was busted, he had a black eye, a couple bruises here and there, and there was a little bandaid on his nose. he looked like he'd been beaten up by someone and it absolutely broke jinyoungs heart, and yugyeom looked like he was gonna burst into tears.

"baby who did this to you?"