Part 38: Plan 2

Unedited

SHAYLA

Pulling into a neighborhood, " Hey, I think I should be with you, to get my brothers because you know, they don't really know you, and it would make things better if I would be there" I tell Hunter.

He puts his hand on my thigh,"yea , you're right, it's not like I was going to throw them in, no matter what they said" he lets out a nervous laugh.

I look out the window next to me, and the noticing the familiar house that's my brothers' friend house.

"Stop here" I say in haste, Hunter pulls the break and I unbuckle and walk to the front door.

I knock on the door twice and awaited for someone to answer, as I look back, I see Hunter in the truck with it still running.
Hearing a door open, I turn to see Ms. Carla.

"Hey Ms. Carla are my brothers here?" She opens her door wider.

"Hi Shayla, are you here to get your brothers?"

"Yes I am, where are they?"

"Oh honey, they are upstairs playing games" she said as she lets me in the house and close to the door behind me.

"Thanks Ms. Carla" I say as I went upstairs and opened one of the doors. Bother of my brothers and their friends are gather around a TV with controllers, playing a game.

"Hey guys, lets go" as I hear them groan.

They gather their things and we head back downstairs and we say goodbye to them on the way back out the door.

They get into the truck without saying anything until my youngest brother.

"Is this the dude you sleep with or what ?" He looks around," and what is with this truck? Are you rich? Are you her boyfriend? These seat feel new-like. " My little brother rambles.

Hunter looks at me with eyebrows raise and a smile on his face.

This is no time for joking around

I turn to my brothers in the back," look guys something bad happened and I just need you to be quiet, please" I saw with all seriousness.

Hunter clears his throat, " so the next brother"

I get out my phone and call my oldest brother. " What" he answers.

"Where are you right now?" I ask.

"Why, what's going on?" He asks concerned

" Something bad happened and we have to meet up"

" I'm at the Randle's house , do you know where it is"

"No"

" It's just going south of Ms. Carla house, straight ahead to the cove and I'll be standing outside.

"Okay" I hang up the phone and give directions to Hunter, then he pulls off.

We arrive less than five minutes and my brother hops in the back seat with my other brothers.

"Alright now then tell me what's going on" my oldest brother, Matarvis says.

"Please wait till we get to Jay's house and I will tell you guys everything" I promised to them.

"Fine" Matarvis tells me.

Through a long silent drive to Jay's I dreaded the talk to my brothers.

I got into all this mess and now both of my parents are dead, I have a wolf of a boyfriend, a warlock as a best friend, a crazy ass nigga after me, and his little buddies, and know I have to tell my brothers that their parents died and it was completely my fault. A tear slides down my face in the process and I tried to wipe it before Hunter saw but it was too late . I hear Hunter breath out angrily, he grabs my hand and mouths to me I will kill him.

I just nod my head as we pull up to Jay's house.

Everyone gets out the truck and Jay comes out the house.

"Shayla!" Jay says surprised with his arms up.

" Jay" I go into his arms and give him a hug, " Jay can we come inside"

" Uhh..yeah.. of course Shay"

" Thanks" I say as Jay brings us into the house.

"Mom we have company!" Jay yells.

Everyone takes a seat and my brothers sat their things down.

"Shay" Matarvis says to me.

"Alright there is something I have to tell everyone"

Jay's mom, Mrs. Homes come downstairs.

"Oh, hello Everyone, What's going on?" She softly says as she takes a seat.

My hands shaking, I try taking deep breaths and my hands start leaking sweat. I wipe them off my pants as my mind began reminiscing about the screams that fell from my mother's mouth, the images of my father's chest being plunge by a hand, my mother's last words. My body is heating up,

"...I-I....I..... Our...." I try to speak.

"Take care of your brothers"

Her words repeating themselves, as her screams are jumbled in the mix, my mouth and mind are not cooperating right to let me say what I need to say.

And then, there it is, the cool, gentle touch of my mate. His hand in mine, the sparks calming me down. I look up to his face, the kind blue eyes looking back at me, with just that look, I know he's telling me that I've got this.

And finally my mouth moves to form right words, " ....Mom and Dad died..." My voice small and  shaky but the words are heard.

"Shayla..." Jay is the first to react and come to my side to hug me.

Matarvis, my oldest brother says," what else?"

I squeeze Hunter's hand tighter as I finally pushed the whole story out of me, because they deserve to know everything, after all it was my fault.....