8

Aine's POV
My name is Aine and I'm a bartender. I'm 19 and I have a boyfriend called Digby, we've been together for a year tomorrow. Recently, he's been going out a lot and being really secretive and Juniper, my best friend, thinks he's cheating on me, she keeps telling me to break up with him but I can't , I love him and I don't know the truth anyway. I look at the time and start getting ready for work .

I get to work. A few hours into my shift, Digby comes in with Juniper.
"Aine, come here a minute." Digby says.
I walk over to them smiling until I realise his arm around her and my face drops.
"What the fuck is this?" I ask.
"This is me breaking up with you and showing off my new bird." He says.
"What the fuck Juniper?"
"I mean if you'd have listened to me and dumped him when I said we wouldn't be this position right now babes." Juniper says.
"Wow, a great friend you are." I slam my tip bag on the bar and storm out.
I sit round back in the staff smoking area. Tears start to pour from my eyes. Almost a year down the drain for my 'best friend'! I stay there for a few minutes until I feel a hand on my shoulder.
"You deserve so much better than those dickheads, don't waste your tears on them." An unknown man says.
I look up and see the man stood there looking concerned. I start to bury my head into my hands but he pulls me into a hug, letting me cry on his shoulder and we sit there for a few minutes in complete silence except my occasional sniffles. He pulls away but takes my hand.
"Trust me, they deserve each other, not only have they ditched you basically but they come to rub it in. You deserve so much better." He says.
"Thanks." I say.
"I'm Rye by the way."
"Aine, sorry for like crying and shit." I see his shoulder drenched in my tears.
"Don't worry, it'll come out, now how about I drive you home so you can clean yourself up and then I can take you somewhere to cheer you up, does that sound good?" Rye says.
"Yeah." I say.
He pulls me up then puts his arm around me as he takes me to his car.

1 Year Later
It is one year today since all of that drama with Digby and since Rye found me and took me on that date to the fairground. I still can't believe he paid the person an extra £30 for us to stay at the top for half an hour for me on the ferris wheel when we had only just met. Now he's my boyfriend and I am the happiest I've been in a long time.
"Babe, are you ready?" Rye asked.
"Yeah one second." I said.

He said he had a surprise for me tonight and I have a feeling I know what it is. We climbed into his car and he drove to the exact place he did a year ago. I follow him as he takes me all the way back to where the ferris wheel is. He smiles squeezing my hand.
"Two tickets please and how much extra do I have to pay for you to keep us up there for half and hour?" Rye asked.
"£40 all together." The guy said.
"Perfect." He pays the guy and we sit down.
As it reaches the top it stops. I rest my head on his shoulder as we stare into the sky.
"Aine, I love you so much remember that."
"I love you too, I really don't deserve you." I say.
"You deserve all of this and better and I will continue treating you how you deserve to be treated until I can't no more." He squeezes my hand and we kiss.