Chapter 7 > Whole Again

It's been three months since dad had been in complete remission. We know that he isn't 'cured' so to speak and that the cancer can come back, but for now he is living his life to the fullest. He is as healthy as ever and our family has been stronger than ever. There are no more secrets between any of us. On top of that, dad started coming to my PT appointments! No matter how much I've been struggling getting used to skating on a prosthetic leg, seeing my dad get better and be so happy has given me a whole new perspective on life. When I go to these olympics whether or not I win or lose, I overcame my disability and that is the most important thing; not my leg, or the pain, or the overwhelming negative thoughts, just me on the ice doing what I love again.
Signed,

Lola

"Hey Dreamer, your head's in the clouds or what?" The question had pulled me out of my happy trance, where I was looking aimlessly at my journal thinking about my family. " Jesus Christ, Isaac! How are you here!," I yelled as I shot up out of my chair and ran to give my older brother a hug. "I've missed you," I whispered into his chest as I forced myself as close to him as possible. "I've missed you too Lola, now let me see that leg of yours." I quickly pulled him over to my beanbag, where we both sat sown and I took off my prosthetic.

" I got it in blue, our favorite color Izzy," I said while excitedly shoving the leg into his hands. "It's really nice Dreamer, but how are you holding up." He looked at me with his brown puppy eyes. "I'm well fine Izzy. I've been doing PT for like 5 months and it's finally starting to feel like I'm whole again."

"That's really good Lola. I'm really proud of you, especially after all you've been through with dad and the cancer," he said leaning into me. I laid my head on his shoulder and said, "Dealing with the cancer was a lot and was life changing for all of us, but dad's doing great and we've all decided to live our lives how we want to and not let anything stop us." With that, you didn't need to hear the noticeable hitch in Issac's breathing. " I wish I would have been here," he wishpered. " I ran away to France to raise my kid and start a new life but believe me Dreamer, I never forgot about you guys. When dad called me and told me he had cancer I lost it. I had to keep that secret from papa for so long and that ate away at me for over a year. Knowing that he had been getting inconsistent treatment and then eventually stopped going, hurt me Lola. So bad. I should have been here for you and dad. I'm so selfish," he finished while running his hands down his face. The tears were visibly welling up in his eyes.

"Look at me Issac," I said as I turned my body to him. "You're not selfish, at all. You are a grown man and you deserve your own life. We all knew you wouldn't be bound to us forever. You and Scott have Madeline and that is important. The fact that you came back now means a lot, a lot more than you probably think. We love you Issac, whether you're here or in France. You knew what was happennng and you had us in your heart. It's not like you didn't call to check up on us and no one expected you to drop everything and catch an immediate flight to Beacon Hills. You did nothing wrong, Izzy, and no one blames you for any of this." As I finished he began to break down and I immediately pulled him into a hug,

"I'm so sorry Lola," he cried into my shoulder. "I'm gonna be here now, I promise. I'm going to go to the Olympics with you and I'm going to support dad as best I can. From now on I'll be a better brother." I pulled him off me, placed my hands on his shoulders, and looked him in his eyes. "You are the best big bro I could have ever asked for and I wouldn't have it any other way." He sighed and got up.

"Here, I want to give you something," he said lifting me up and placing me on my bed. "What are you doing?," I asked as he walked towards the door with my prosthetic. "You'll have it back by the time you wake up. You won't even have to look at the crutches, don't worry," he said smiling. I laughed rolling my eyes. "I'm trusting you Issac," I yelled as he had disappeared into the hallway. "You should," he yelled back. I couldn't stop a smile from spreading across my face as I rolled over and closed my eyes.

~~~~
I am back and better than ever. I've been gone for so long but I finally have the energy and determination to write. Thank you to everyone who has been supporting my books, I really appreciate it. I have another fanfiction in the works but something I'm really excited about are two teen fiction 'novels.' I have very strong aspirations to sell a book one day so you'll start seeing some non-fan fiction books on my account and I really hope you guys can check them out when they come. They are really special to me and your opinions can really help me shape them and shape my life as an aspiring author. Hale is on a come up so stay tuned.

Peace,

Hale