Chapter 16 > You Deserve It

STILES POV
I couldn't breathe. I had to get out of here. I ran all the way to my room and threw up everything I had in me. After sitting there for a couple minutes I heard someone run in. I was crying so hard that I was only able to see a blurry Derek helping me to my feet. "I am so angry and sad. I-I don't know what I feel." Derek held me closer as I wailed against his chest. "Stiles, baby, you won gold! On an injury! You should be so happy." He tried to calm me. All I could do was keep crying.

We got home that night and had a big celebration. Soon enough me, Lola, and Isaac just sat together watching everyone jump for joy at this momentous occasion. It was nice to see everyone so happy for me but my kids saw my sadness and they were there for me.

"What happened today Stiles?" Derek asked while getting into bed with me. I moved closer into his chest and stared up into his eyes. " All the people who said I only won because I was injured and they felt bad for me or all the people who said Adelina bribed the judges. They got to me and they shouldn't have. I worked so hard and I deserved it." I said blinking away some tears. Derek responded with a smile and pulling me impossibly closer. "You deserve anything that is coming for you in the future. You are amazing and I love you!"