Chapter 5 > Lost

I am so sorry for never posting. I just got out of school almost two weeks ago and I had been so overwhelmed over the past school year that I never felt truly motivated to write. But I can say now that I am back in the mood and ready to provide some great content (hopefully). Please message me some ideas for one shots or other story ideas seeing as I would love to start up some more variety on my page. Sterek is highly recommended but other ships are very much welcome. Thank you for your continuous support and patience. Please enjoy Chapter 5 of Lola's story. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lola's POV

I am currently sitting in my room listening to 10,000 Hours by PRETTYMUCH. ( a/n I am currently really obsessed with them and as I write this I am listening to that song.) As I rock out to the beautiful music I feel a presence in my room. I look to the door and see my dad. " Sorry for intruding, you didn't hear me knock. Can I sit?" he asked. I nodded and he came over and sat down next to me. " I just wasn't to remind you how much I love you and I could never stop loving you. No matter what," he was very soft and I could tell he had been crying. " I haven't taken my Adderall  in a while and It really been messing with me. But you have no need to worry, I'll be better from now on." As he finished explaining himself he headed towards the door. before he left, I said, " Dad. I forgive you." And he left with a simple smile. After that I just went back to listening to my music. For some reason I still feel like he is lying to me. 

Next Day

Today is another day go physical therapy. We are trying to get me to start walking without my crutches. So far its going really great and both my parent are cheering me on making me very happy. By the end of  the session the doctor told me that I did really well but imm going to need to start working harder to make the Olympic in time. I took this into consideration so that after the lesson I asked dads to drive me to the ice rink. I told them I wont push myself but I will do whatever necessary. 

I started with some laps around the rink and it was pretty good. It was when I started to pick up speed and go for a jump where everything went wrong. As I was speeding up, I lost balance on my prosthetic and as I went up I was quickly coming down. I landed smack down on my prosthetic sending a sharp pain into my hip. I began to cry and scream and I stayed that way for hours.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After I composed my self and got off the ice.  I decided to head home to get a good nights rest. As I was walking to my room I could hear my parents talking. " I don't want to Derek.I can beat the cancer on my own. " I heard dad say and he sounded desperate. " But chemo will be good for you." On sight of hearing that I immediately ran to my room. I slammed the door and all these thoughts started coming to me. First I can't skate anymore and now my dad has cancer. This is when I broke down. I started crying and screaming. I picked up anything in sight and threw it somewhere in my room. everything was breaking just like my life seemed to be. As I grew my lamp at my door, it opened and my papa caught it. " What is going on in here." I didn't respond i just kept crying and screaming. Papa tried to hold me still but i started kicking around. That when I saw dad. " You lied to me. You lied to me." I yelled. " Lola, what happened." he asked calmly. " I can't skate anymore. I may have broken my hip. And to top it all off you have cancer." I was yelling at this point. Everything seemed to be closing in on me. " Lola you need to stay calm, you're having a panic attack." dad said. Next thing you know I feel like I can't breath and I'm sitting on the floor with my parents trying to help me catch my breath and stop crying. Once I was calm I dropped my head in between my knees and sniffled, "Everything is lost. Everything."