Chapter 4 Trapped

Chapter 4

"Mom. I'm home." I called out as I entered our door. It was quiet and my voice echoed in the large living room. My nose suddenly caught a whiff of something being baked.

Mmmm....cookies.....

My stomach started to growl so I followed the scent into the kitchen. There, I saw my mom humming as she took the tray out of the oven and placed it on the counter. She was wearing a pink apron that hugged her slim body. Unlike me, my mom has brown hair, which she currently tied into a high ponytail.

I took a step forward towards the counter. The sound of me approaching made her raise her green eyes at me and smiled. "Hey, sweety. How was school?" She asked.

I sat on one of the chairs near the counter and turned to face her. "It was cool. Same old title, same treatment." I said and then shrugged.

My mom let out a sigh. "Guess we can't do anything about that."

"Mmhm." I agreed and reached out to grab a cookie. In an instant, my mom slapped my hand away which made me pull it back. "Ow! Why'd you do that for?"

"You have had too much sugar this past few weeks. I don't want you getting diabetes." She said and gave me a disapproving look. "And you have an upcoming photoshoot! You were already fitted and the adjustments are already made."

I mentally facepalmed at my mom. "Mom? Hate to remind you but cool girls don't wear cute clothes. At least not this cool girl."

My mom pouted. "And for what reason is my purpose as a fashion designer if my daughter can't wear fashionable and cute clothing?!"

Oh yeah. I guess I forgot to tell you guys who my mom really is.

She's Lindsey Blaze Collins. A well-known fashion designer in the States. Stars, and I mean Hollywood stars always come to her to let her design their clothing.

"Mom, it's cool-"

"Don't you dare say that word to me. I'm starting to hate that word." She cut me off. I don't blame her. Even I was started to hate that word as well.

"Mom, it's fine. I mean, don't you make me model your designs all the time?" I pointed out.

"Yeah. You model alright, but your face is always hidden!" She glared at me.

Yeah. I'm a model, but during the photoshoots, my pictures are either me holding something in front of my face or me facing away from the camera. Either way, it's still modeling. But once upon a time, before I entered high school, I do modeling along with my face. With this, you can pretty much conclude how high school had changed me and why my mom hates my school title.

Not wanting her to go and blame my school status any longer, I decided that it was time to change the subject. "So what are the cookies for if they weren't for me?"

My mom's face suddenly brightened. "Well, since we gave the maids and the butlers a day off, I thought that it was fun to do something by myself." She grinned.

I know what you guys are thinking. Butlers and maids? Are we rich?

The answer to that is yes. But we don't like to show it off.

I raised an eyebrow at my mom. "So you're not planning on eating them at least?"

"Oh no. I'm going to give them to my assistants at work later."

"What about dad?" I asked.

"He's not coming back 'till Saturday. He's busy handling the resto and there are a few projects that he needs to finish shooting." She said.