Chapter 3 How Much Did You See?

Chapter 3 

All the members of the student council were staring at me as if I was a freak or something, which I am not.

Rude much.

On the other note, Patrick was looking back and forth between me and the student councils. Oblivious to the tension boiling in the air.

It must be nice being a kid.

Finally, Patrick looked at his brother. "Xander, do you know her?" He asked his brother and pointed at me. I frowned at his finger. Hadn't his parents told him that it's not nice to point your finger at people?

Meanwhile, Xander was still looking at me, confused about what to do. "I-uh-yeah." He stood up straighter. "Patrick, why don't you go to my room and stay there for a while?"

Patrick raised an eyebrow at his brother. "Is that a question or an order?"

"Both. Now get going and don't come out until I say so." Xander said and pushed Patrick back. Patrick pouted at him and looked at Leo for help.

"Leo..."

Leo only gave him an apologetic smile. "Sorry, Pat. But I think it's best if you follow your brother's orders for now." Patrick let out a huff as he turned his back to us and headed for a room.

"Adults are no fun." He mumbled, then he turned around to face me with a smile on his face. "Thank you for your help, Hailey! Let's play again next time." He said and ran towards the room.

As soon as the door closed behind him, the student councils were once again looking at me. And I have a feeling that I am now at the mercy of these people in front of me; The student councils/The Pandergriffs.

Keep it cool, Hailey. Don't break a sweat. Just turn around and don't look back. I repeat,don't look back.

And that's what I did. With my right hand inside my skirt pocket, I turned around to leave and closed the door gently behind me. I walked slowly and casually towards the hall as if everything was normal. But then, I felt two sets of hands grabbing my arms.

Crap.

Without any warning, I was dragged straight back into the student council room. Once I was inside, they made me sit on their black leather sofa. Sandy, the secretary, hurriedly locked the doors before joining the rest of the members standing in front of me.

They were looking down at me as if I was a killer or something.

I feel like I'm the prey and they are the predators.

Even though I'm in this state, I chose to keep a cool face as I looked back at them. It took all my willpower not to flinch at their scrutinizing gaze.

"So." Sheen, the treasurer, said. Finally breaking the silence. "You're Hailey May Collins. The well-known Waynard High's cool girl who beat the crap out of a bully years ago, correct?" He asked me with his eyebrows raised.

Now, why ask that all of a sudden?

Sandy glared at Sheen and flicked his forehead.

"Ow! What's the big idea, San?" Sheen asked while holding his forehead.

"You don't have to scare her like that." She chided him as looked back at me. "Sorry about that."

Wait. What did she say? Me? Scared? No way!

I looked at Sandy straight in the eyes and forced my face to remain expressionless as possible. "If you don't mind me asking, I would like to know what I am here for." I said and crossed my arms over my chest.