Chapter 35: The healing process

Start from the beginning

"It's a healing space where most revivers lodge." The older man explained. That explained all the activity going on on the different plate forms. "Hey, I recognise a bunch of those revivers." Toriko commented as he looked down at the different people. "You'll also see a lot of apprentices that those famous revivers have taken under their wings. This place sees no end to commissions asking to revive foods." Teppei explained. "Hey! Hurry up and get over here!" Yosaku called over his shoulder and the group quickly caught up to him.

"Welcome...to my revival lab." He announced, standing in front of a door with a sign that read "Revival Lab". "Revival...or destruction?" Teppei muttered, stroking his chin thoughtfully. "Huh?" Toriko went. They followed the blood stained man to a room that sent shivers down the men's spine.

The tables were full of bottles of various colours, plants, animals and other things. The thing that really got them was the blood that was splattered all over the walls and floor. "Whoa!" Sunny exclaimed in surprise. "A Chaco bird and Morning Rose! He really does revive things!" Toriko then asked with a "wtf" expression, "But what's with all the blood stains?" Kururu didn't like the room as she tired to bury herself in Toriko's hair.

"Hmm? The blood stains remind me of my failures!" The older man explained. "?!" "F..failures?!" Match asked nervously, bringing a chuckle from the older man. "How's good old Ryuu doing...gangster boy?" That question threw the vice-boss off long enough for Yosaku to say, "I think I know what each of you came here for so.. I'll start with the easiest!"

With that said, or shouted, he flipped the three injured yakuzas and Sarafina, who were on a blanket being used as a stretcher, high into the air, which caused a gasp of surprise from the scarred man. "BUT-!" The blood stained man shouted then said, "Sorry if I fail." In a blur of motion, Yosaku, hauled Sarafina over his shoulder, hit the air-borne men hard enough to shred the bandages off of them. The others watched on in surprise as Teppei thought to himself, 'Always so violent.' On the bright side...he was always on the mark.

The older man grinned widely and told the three men, "Rise and shine...gangster boys." Much to the surprise of Match he watched as one of them coughed up blood before taking in a deep breathe, eyes snapping wide open. Quickly the others followed suit and gasped out as they took breathes of air. "G..guys!" The vice boss exclaimed happily. "Now," Yosaku started as he grabbed one of the men by the ankle and threw him into one of the open flowers which quickly closed up, sealing the man inside. "Let's treat those wounds."

"He got eaten by flower!" "Whoa!" Sunny and Toriko exclaimed at the same time. "It's okay." Teppei said in a calm voice. "That's a therapy tulip. It's a rare carnivorous plant that actually eats the wounds of people and animals. After one minute, he'll be mostly healed. Course, if you accidentally enter when you're not wounded, you'll be eaten whole."

"Mnn." The rule breaker went, suddenly grabbing one of the yakuza's arm. "What's this?" The action caused a cry to erupt from the man, which was ignored as the wound was inspected. "This chewed up arm's hanging by a flap." Yosaku said as he spat onto the wound. "Press on it for ten minutes and she'll hold." The older man quickly turned his attention to the scarred man. 

"And you, feelin' a little drafty below the waist?" Judging from Match's expression, he wasn't too keen on the idea. He gave out a yell of disgust and went, "You spat on me and it wasn't even paste! That's foul!" The older man nailed the spot where the leg had been removed. Yosaku laughed again and replied, "It's got more adhesive strength." He then walked over to an empty table and carefully set Sarafina down. He proceeded to hook up the necessary IVs and blood packets to her, along with that same mysterious rainbow coloured liquid and an oxygen mask. Yosaku also connected her into a heart rate monitor.

Once she was done, Yosaku turned his attention onto a new victim, Takimaru. "Now then! What do you need, sonny?!" Takimaru flinched in surprise, not that anyone could blame him the poor guy. A sharp look entered the rule breaker's eyes as he continued to speak. "Ah, yes. You're looking for a panacea. A medicine known to cure every disease. I don't know how you heard about it but.." The man raised his voice. "It exists, all right!"