Insecurities

Depuis le début

"What is it?" He asked, turning off the engine.

"The first time I visited Piper, Calum was with me. She played with his phone then started screaming when someone called Calum."

"Why was she screaming?"

"Max was calling him." His mouth hung open. "She was yelling that, that was the guy who raped her."

"That's impossible, Max was our age."

"I know, but it could be someone related to him."

"Like who?"

"I don't know, let's just talk to Piper, maybe she remembers more now."

When I walked up to the desk to sign in they told me she already has a visitor. From what she told me, her parents rarely visit her on the weekends. Her parents rarely visit at all, but I still only get to see her on the weekends.

I walked in her room and my jaw dropped. "Piercings?"

He was sitting in the chair next to Piper's bed. I have no idea what he's doing here.

"You came." Piper smiled.

I walked over to her and hugged her. "I said I would, didn't I?"

"I just thought you weren't, because Luke came here alone everyday."

"Everyday?" I asked as I pulled away and looked at him.

"We need to talk," He said getting up.

My pulse started to race and I nodded slowly. "That's Ashton, you can talk to him while we talk."

I walked over to Luke and felt this weird feeling in my stomach and not just because of the cramps. It was an unsure feeling, like, anxiety.

"What's this about? What are you doing here? Why the fuck have you been coming here with out me?" I asked.

"Heart, just calm down."

"How am I suppose to calm down? You've been sneaking off here without telling me!"

"I had a reason to."

"What's the reason?"

"Just calm down, please?"

"I can't, I thought after that night everything was going to be great, I thought things were okay. I thought we were okay."

"And we are, just let me explain, please?"

I sighed and crossed my arms. "Fine. This better be good."

"I know I've been acting strange this week and we haven't spoken as much. It's just, when I went back to get the project the other day, it wasn't Max in that car."

"Who was it?"

"His dad." I should've known. Stupid Lola. "When I went in to get your project, your mom and him were sitting on the couch together drinking coffee. Your mom told me that he's a psychiatrist and he wants to help you."

"That doesn't explain why you've been here for the past week." I crossed my arms.

"Remember you said that it could be someone in Max's family?"

I nodded then everything came together. "Do you think . . . ?"

"I do, we just need proof but I have a feeling he is. He looks exactly like Max, but older."

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"Lulu told me you're on your monthly."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm going to kill her," I muttered.

He wrapped his arms around me, enveloping me into a hug. "I just didn't want you to stress out even more than you are now."

"Well, I'm always stressed out if you haven't noticed."

He chuckled, I smiled at the vibration. I feel relaxed in his arms, didn't care about the world around us, just him holding me.

I pulled away when I realized how sappy I am. "Did you ask Piper about it?"

He ran his hand through his hair. "She still doesn't remember that much."

"Lola," Piper called. I smiled and walked up to her. "I have great news."

"What is it?"

"I get to go home tomorrow. The docotor said I'm stable." She smiled.

"That's great." My smile fake. Truth is, I didn't want Piper to go home just yet. I know her parents don't know about my meetings with her and with her back at her place, I'd barely see her.

"Are you okay?" Luke whispered in my ear.

"Fine." I said waving everything off.

"L, are you sure?" Ashton asked giving a worried some look.

"I'm fine, Ash. It's getting late and we should go." I hugged Piper goodbye.

"You'll be here when I leave, right?" She asked as we pulled away.

"I can't promise anything, Piper." Disappointment filled her face. "I'll try, I swear, I'll try my hardest to get here."

She smiled at me. "Okay."

Luke grabbed my hand and said his goodbye's. Ashton followed soon after. "What's wrong?" Luke asked as we walked out of the building.

"Nothing." I answered.

"She's lying." Ashton butted in, crossing his arms.

"No, I'm not." I snapped at him.

Luke pulled me aside, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, piercings,"

"You're lying, I can tell." I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. "You can tell me."

"I don't want to." 

"Why not?"

"Because it's not your business." I snapped. "Gosh piercings, can I just have some things to myself?"

"Yes, you can, but not when something's bothering you." He grabbed my hands and pulled me into a hug, again. "You can tell me."

I sighed. I know he's not going to give up. "I just liked visiting her here, just me and her talking."

"You can still do that."

"I think that after her parents see me, they won't allow it."