제 8 회

Taehyung walked into the cafe as bells rang to signal that a new customer was in,

"Hello, welcome to Sunshine Cafe!" The lady at the desk bowed.

He bowed his head, Taehyung's eyes then roaming around the place. Where's Y/N?

That was until he could heard his name being said. "Taehyung! Over here!" You waved your hand, to get his attention. The young man's shoulders relaxed as he walked over to you and sat down on the empty seat in front of you.

"So...what is it that you want to discuss?" Taehyung looked at you.

"Right, so I was wondering. Can I possibly join the case?"

"Join the case? Let me think..." He sat in his chair, then looking back at her nodding, "Alright, you can join it. But," Taehyung held up his finger, "I insist in doing it alone."

You looked at him shocked, "Alone? Come on, please can I properly join-"

"No." He bluntly stated.

"I have reasons!" You then lightly hit the table.

"Explain." He interestingly looked at her.

"Okay, so I've been having some peculiar feelings around me and it just doesn't feel right to not help with the case! I have lost enough people now, I don't wanna lose anyone. I have lost people I love the most in this short period and my head is a roller coaster right now, I feel like everyone around me are in danger!" You then sighed looking down knowing those were not persuasive reasons, until Taehyung spoke up.

"I see. Let's go."

Perplexed, you sat there, looking at him.

"What? You said you wanted to help in the case, did you not?"

You then stood up as well, realizing what he meant.

"Oh no, yes, um, let's go."

The both of you two left the shop, walking towards his car.

He opened the door for you. "Thank you..." You sat in the seat as he closed the door.

Taehyung sat next to you in the driver's seat. "First we'll be heading towards the hospital where your, uh, grandmother passed..."

You looked at him, nodding as he started the engine. The ride was quiet on the way there.

"Just wondering, how old are you?" The brown haired male asked.

You hesitated but answered anyway, "Twenty."

He let out an 'Ah' and continued, "Aren't you young then, you're marrying so soon. There must be a reason." After he said that, he realized that he asked a personal question so he muttered a apology immediately.

You felt guilty somehow, for not answering his question. So you decided to tell him.

"No no, it's fine. I wanted to marry my love soon, that's it. He insisted first, so we agreed to this."

"Early wedding I see, cool." Taehyung had to let out something from his mouth.

"So you'll tag along here too? I mean you could wait here." Taehyung pointed towards the empty seats.

"No, I will join you."

He let out a dramatic sigh, "Don't complain that you're bored later on, okay?"

You nodded enthusiastically.

Unlike Taehyung had stated before, you enjoyed his company. Even though he was talking to the staff and checking files, he still managed to have a conversation.

You learnt that he lived in Daegu with his family and would come to Seoul to handle the cases given to him. He was talking about finishing his current case soon so that he can see his family and pets again. He seemed to love animals since he mostly talked about his pet dog, Yeontan.

He was really friendly and talked to you as if he knew you for many years. He would even crack few jokes here and there.

By the looks, he could easily become a model or actor, you wondered what his wish really was.

"Did you always want to become a detective? Was that your dream?" You asked, your curiosity raised by every second.

"No, it was my grandmother's, it was her last wish."

You couldn't let out any words.

"I didn't have a dream back then, after completing high school I thought of helping my grandparents in the farm. But my grandmother wanted me to pursue this, so I did."

"Wow, you must really love her. Is she living in Daegu too?"

His smiling face was replaced by a sad one and you instantly regretted it.

"She passed away last year."

"Sorry..."

"It's fine."

"Thanks for dropping me." You bowed.

"Aish, quit the formalities already!" He whined.

"Okay okay. Come in."

He shook his head in disapproval, "Sorry, I have to go, I had to meet up with Namjoon."

"I see, can you wait for a minute? I will be back in a jiffy." You jogged towards your house.

You held him out the familiar card. "You are invited to my wedding, and would you mind inviting Officer Yoongi and Namjoon on my behalf?"

"Oh my, thank you! And sure, I will tell them."

You made a new friend today.