제 26 회

TW: Mentions of panic attack, read at your own risk?

Same day: 10:30 PM

Areum tried calling Taehyung for the 17th time as she sipped more alcohol into her mouth. Was he busy with a case? Is he purposely ignoring me? Thoughts like those clouded in her mind as he constantly ordered more drinks.

An hour later, she was completely wasted, she could barely grasp her surroundings as she stumbled her way out of the bar.

She pulled out her phone and skimmed through a familiar contact, she knew she'd regret, sooner or later. But at the current moment, she didn't care. She called him and he picked it on the second ring.

- - - -

Fluttering your eyes open, you were met with Miso sleeping next to you, and then Taehyung beside her. Miso had requested for you both to sleep with her and of course, you couldn't deny her wishes especially when it was her birthday. Your heart warmed up at the sight, an unconscious smile plastering your face as you watched the father-daughter sleeping tight.

Tying your hair to a bun, you proceeded to work on your morning when you heard Taehyung yawning as he stretched his body and woke up too. "Good morning." He greeted in his deep-raspy voice as he rubbed his eyes. Despite the fact that he just woke up, he still looked like a model, you wished to click a candid of him.

Humming to his words you walked towards him and ruffled his hair, "You have work today?" You asked as you glanced at the digital clock and he nodded. "Oh yeah, I'll be late today love. Don't wait for me, just sleep with Miso." The way he referred you as 'love' for the first time made your heart flutter and naturally blushed. Not being to express your current feeling, you just nodded and jogged to the bathroom and shut the door, your reflection in the mirror clearly showing how flustered you were.

- - - -

You were almost done cooking the dinner as Miso hugged you from the back, "You cooked today? Smells tasty!" She jumped in excitement and you chuckled, "Yes baby, we'll soon eat after your grandpa comes after his bath."

"Okay then! I'll set the bowls by then." She enthusiastically chose the cutleries and rushed to the dining table. Your eyes glanced towards Taehee who was lying on the couch lazily whilst smiling as she was scrolling through her social media.

The difference between this eleven year old and nineteen year old is quite drastic.

"When will this girl even change?" You mumbled to yourself. The doorbell rung and your first instinct was to run to the front door and open it, expecting for Taehyung.

Happily unlocking the door and opening it, your face expression faltered as your eyes met with a stranger. "Who are you?" You asked the woman. She wore a short pink skirt matching with a long sleeved white shirt. She had a doll face and you slightly got insecure about your looks compared to hers.

"Isn't Tae at home?" She asked as your heart beat increased its pace. You got nervous, you didn't get a good vibe out of this.

Why is this pretty girl asking for him? She even called him by his nickname. Did he hide something from me?

Your thoughts were interrupted by Taehee's high pitched voice, "AREUM UNNIE, YOU'RE HERE!" She hugged the woman, Areum and you were slightly taken aback by Taehee's actions. She was never the one to be this affectionate to anyone and your nervousness increased. What was going on?

"Who's she?" Areum and you both asked Taehee at the same time and Taehee scoffed at you but smiled at Areum, "She's one more orphan that Oppa brought home." She eyed you in disgust as Areum shot an awkward smile at you and you smiled back.

"And Y/n, this is Park Areum, Taehyung oppa's girlfriend, they're getting engaged in two weeks."

Your heart shattered into pieces at her words. Your legs had already given up all its strength, tears already brimming on your eyes, ready to burst anytime soon. But you didn't want to show them that you were weak.

"I'll be right back." You bowed lightly and ran towards your room and slammed the door shut and fell down as tears splashed out without any delay.

I thought he was different, but he ended up with them. Jimin, Hoseok, Taehyung you all are nothing different. Why do I have to go through all of this? Assuring me that everything is going to be alright during those endless nights, you wanted to break my heart after healing it. How painful is that?

Your body quivered, as you struggled to breath, it was one more panic attack, but you have no one by your side now. Finally, you were lonely, unloved and unworthy.

You just layed on the floor for few minutes, crying for everything to stop and waited for your panic attack to subside on its own.

When you were stable enough, you quickly packed all of your clothes along with Miso's, you didn't want to stay under his roof even for a minute. Miso was waiting for you downstairs, even before she could ask you anything, you pulled her wrist and proceeded to walk out of the place which you once thought was your home.

Controlling your tears, you wore your shoes and helped Miso too, "We're leaving."

"Where-"

"Don't ask any questions!" You lashed out and she instantly shut her mouth and hung her head low. Guilt gushed through your figure, "I'm s-sorry Miso, I'll tell you everything tomorrow." We need to leave before he's back.

Walking down the empty streets of Daegu, your eyes were searching for a vacant taxi. You failed to notice the black van which was following both of you. Before Miso could warn her, the men had already got out of the vehicle and covered both of your mouths with a handkerchief containing making you faint in a matter of few seconds.

After making sure both of you were knocked out, the man who seemed like the head among the four men, called someone on his phone, "We got both the girls, deal done."