제 27 회

Taehyung tried calling Areum few more times before he left his workplace, he wanted to initiate the breakup as soon as possible.

Giving up on phoning her one more time, he began driving to his home, eager to get back to his family. On his way back, his eyes landed on a flower shop and he had a sudden urge to buy a bouquet of roses for you.

Parking his car nearby, he bought the prettiest bloomed flowers and smiled his entire way back home.

His face fell down when he saw his girlfriend waiting by the doorway and naturally, he got nervous. He pushed her body lightly, so that he can have enough space to enter the house. His orbs frantically looked for your figure but he was met with your empty room.

"Miso-yah," That was the first person he could lean on besides you in the household besides you, but strangely, she was no where to be found too. His breath hitched as he continued searching for both of you. He came back to the entrance remembering that he didn't see neither your or Miso's footwear.

He watched Taehee and Areum sitting on the couch, looking at the former's phone and laughing at some video that they were watching. Blood boiled in Taehyung as he furiously stomped towards them, "Where did Y/n go?" He glared at them as they gulped.

"I have no idea, why would I even care about her whereabouts-" Taehee was interrupted with a harsh slap across her pale cheek. Never in her life had she got slapped by her brother, so she was quick to keep her mouth shut realizing how angry he was.

Pulling his phone from his shirt, he called you only for a robotic voice replying back that your phone was switched off. Taehyung's hands got shaky, his mind swirling with all the negative possibilities about you and Miso. After all these hardships, he couldn't afford to lose his two favorite women in his little world.

He scrolled his contacts to phone the only person he could rely on at the moment, and sure enough, the person on the other side picked the call immediately, "Yes Mr. Kim."

"Yoongi, I need help."

15 days later

The search for you and Miso had never stopped as police force all over Daegu searched for any traces that could lead to both of you. But the kidnappers were smart enough, experienced to the point that it seemed like Miso and you never existed in the first place. Your phone's location was at seaport in Busan and it took days for police to realize that it was a trap to mislead them.

It was hard for Taehyung to tell the news to your mother. She fainted as soon as she found out that her daughter was missing and was taken to the hospital and was admitted as he health wasn't well. Taehyung had to do his job both as the detective for the case as well be a responsible son-in-law. During that course, his mental peace was non-existent. He cried alone when no one was around. He blamed himself, assuming that you left the house after finding out about Areum. If I had told about it earlier, this wouldn't have happened.

It was just another day when Taehyung was going through files which could possibly help him find you when he got a phone call from Namjoon.

"Namjoon, did you find anything-"

"Actually, uh, you need to come, I don't think I can tell you on my own." Namjoon's voice was quite hesitant and sad and Taehyung's heart dropped.

"Namjoon don't tell me that-"

"No no, Miso is alive it's just-"

"Send me the location."

- - -

Driving off to the hospital's address the police officer had texted him. Taehyung rushed to the third floor of the white building, head constantly turning around to find the ward. When he saw the familiar person standing, his nervous self calmed down and walked to him, "Tell me now."

Namjoon turned around, sadness evident in his face, "Taehyung, you're here."

Taehyung nodded and signaled the officer to talk, but Namjoon walked in the ward to reveal around fifteen girls lying on their assigned beds, IVs attached to their weak bodies. What Taehyung noticed first was that all of them seemed between the ages of 12-18 and with that, he hysterically searched for his daughter.

When his vision landed on her, he couldn't help but cry seeing her vulnerable state. It looked like all of her energy had drained out of her body and he ran to hold her hand as she slept peacefully. He cried for few more minutes, apologies escaping his lips every second as Namjoon eyed them sorrowfully.

"What happened?" Taehyung finally asked, "and how is she in Seoul and these kids-"

"Human traffickers, they sell unfertilized eggs of young girls and sell it to fertility clinics for a high price." Taehyung listened carefully as the other male continued, "You know that a normal girl produces one egg every month right? This gang injects chemicals in their body so that they can produce upto ten eggs which is rather very unhealthy." Namjoon rubbed his temples, "Thankfully, we caught the gang when they were trying to shift the girls to another place. And as for Y/n, I am sorry, we still have no information about her whereabouts."

"I want to meet the criminals," Taehyung sternly spoke, "I am sure they'll know something about this whole kidnapping thing."

Please, I want you by my side, soon.