Chapter 9 - An Unexpected Meeting

"Crap!" Jack looked at his phone. It was 7:15 already; they'd been so busy talking they had completely lost track of time. "Old saggy vest's gonna kill us!"

"Quick - get to the dining hall," Hiccup jumped up from his saggy mattress and the pair of them ran to the door. They sprinted down the halls as fast as they could, the grumpy woman in the vest was not someone they wanted to mess with. They were nearly there, they turned a corner and -

CRASH.

"What the -!"

Hiccup and Jack had crashed into two girls, sending them toppling to the floor. They'd been going so fast they couldn't see where they were going and they couldn't slow down.

"Second time today," a voice said from the floor. Jack's brain registered; it was Rapunzel!

"I'm so sorry!" Jack exclaimed, "Why do I keep doing this to you?" She grinned as she saw him holding out a hand to help her up. She jumped to her feet with his help and Jack turned to see the other girl sprawled on the ground.

"Merida?" Hiccup said, confused.

"Little help here?" she laughed. Hiccup blushed (which did not go unnoticed by Jack. He'd have a fun time talking to him about that later...) and helped Merida to her feet. She turned to look at Jack with a puzzled look on his face.

"How d'you know this guy Punzie?"

"Oh, Merida, this is Jack. He was the first person I met here."

"Oh - really?" Merida said with a quizzical look and a slight smirk. Jack stared at the floor, smiling ever so slightly. (This did not go unnoticed by Hiccup. This would be an interesting conversation later...)

"Shut up!" Rapunzel laughed. "Who's this then?" She gestured to Hiccup.

"Oh, Punzie, this is Hiccup. We met when he came into the wrong dorm."

"On purpose?" Jack quipped with a grin. Merida punched him on the arm.

"Anyway -" Hiccup said, trying not to laugh as Jack tried to show that he wasn't hurt by a girl, "nice to meet you Rapunzel."

"Were you two supposed to be heading to dinner with old saggy vest then?" Merida asked the two boys.

"Well," Jack started.

"You're not scared of her are you?" Merida grinned.

"No!" they both said quickly. Too quickly.

"They are," Rapunzel whispered to Merida who chuckled.

"Look," Hiccup said, stopping the other three from walking on. They looked at him, confused. "Do we really want to go and eat dinner here?" They all looked at each other. This place hadn't been exactly 'outstanding' so far and they weren't sure whether to take a risk with the food or not.

"To be honest -" Jack mumbled.

"I'm not sure I want to eat anything here -" Punzie continued.

"Me either." Merida finished.

"Well, head back to our dorm then," Hiccup said, gesturing back the way they came. "I figured this place wasn't a palace, so I packed emergency rations."

"I'm liking this idea already," Merida grinned, Rapunzel and Jack nodding in agreement. "And to be honest, who here didn't bring some food?"

"I have Milkybar buttons and Oreos," Jack volunteered.

"I've got some Skittles and some chocolate," Punzis offered, "but I had to smuggle it in; my mother hates me eating too much sweet stuff."

"I have some Maoams I managed to get some Haribos," Merida said.

"Well," Hiccup smiled, "I think we have a midnight feast on our hands!"

"But they said boys aren't allowed in girl's dormitories!" Rapunzel said worriedly.

"Ah," Jack piped up, "but did it say anything about girls going into boy's dormitories?"

They all grinned at each other. None were particularly used to breaking the rules like this before. They didn't even know whether to trust the others or not. But somehow it felt they didn't need that reassurance. They felt they already knew each other already. Even if they had just met that day...

A/N I'm running out of ideas already and it's only chapter 9!! I NEED HELP SERIOUSLY.
I don't care what your idea is, or how good it is, please just comment it or message me and I will be eternally grateful, read your stories and give you a shed load of dedications. Anything will do - I just implore you to help me!! (Writer's block takes it's toll in MericcupIsMyLife)