"Come on, I'm starving, " he said. We went in and saw many people from the different houses talking and eating. I went through the Italian buffet and chose two slices of Alfredo pizza and two slices of pepperoni. I grabbed a couple of breadsticks and a coke before going to sit across from Kylen at one of the round tables that were spread throughout the room.

A girl wearing a purple broomstick skirt, a white blouse, and a purple bandana came over to our table. She also had the sun and moon mark. She had dark brown skin and her hair was in long black curls. "Hey Kylen, " She said then she turned to me and her smile dropped. "Who are you?" "Josie, be nice. This is Cleo, our newest member, " Kylen introduced. "This is Jocelyn, one of my best friends. She also goes by Josie." "Only my friends call me Josie, " She said sitting down. "Sorry, she is so hostile. She's that way cause many of the girls to look up to Bella Cordova. She is a rich bitch who enjoys giving those who don't listen to her, hell. She enjoys harassing me because she once tried to get me to sleep with her to let her cheat off of my papers, but I turned her down. Don't get me wrong, she's beautiful, but I'm strictly dickly, " Kylen explained to me.

"So she is like the cliche high school slut that thinks she runs this place, " I summed up. He and Jocelyn nodded. "She will definitely come after you since many will talk once everyone realizes you're the first female warrior, " Jocelyn warned me. I waved a hand, "Whatever. I really don't care." I then began to eat.

"Finally, a girl at our table who knows what food is, " a guy said as he came to sit down. I noticed he also had a warrior mark on his arm. "You know Cleo, the others worry you're some princess who worries about their appearances and shit." I raised an eyebrow at the man who could easily make the sexiest man alive magazine, "And you are?" "My bad, " He said and held out his hand, "I'm Reginald, but you can call me Reggie." I shook his hand, "Nice to meet you." He has jet black hair and friendly silver eyes.

"Hey Reggie, she got paired with Vix, " Kylen told him. Reggie then hugged me, "Our poor newbie is a dead girl walking." I got out of his hold, "Dude, I'm trying to eat. Plus I'm not worried about him. We have to train for three hours with Captain Roark plus I have time after school to do my own training before dinner." "Wow, you thought that through easily. Some idiots would've just been lazy, " he said seeming to be impressed. "Do you know what your ability is yet, " Jocelyn asked me. "Enhanced strength. I accidentally crushed in the doorknob on the inside of my bathroom, " I answered. Kylen chuckled, "At least you didn't break it off, that would've been interesting."

Another girl then joined us with a chicken caesar salad in hand. She had that bright cheerleader smile and her platinum blonde hair was in a high ponytail that swayed when she walked. She had the cross mark symbol letting us know she was a Healer. "You must be the new warrior so many are talking about, " She said while holding out her hand. "I'm Daisy, it's nice to meet you." I shook her hand, "I'm Cleo." "Is that short for Cleopatra, " She asked after she let go of my hand. "No. It's just simply Cleo, " I told her. "It's a very pretty name, " She told me. "So how are you liking the Academy so far?" "Well, I slept most of the day, so I don't really have an impression of it, " I told her.

"Her abilities were still settling, " Reggie explained. "Its how she got out of training in the rain today." "Many of the females enjoy when you guys train in the rain, " Jocelyn said. "You're all shirtless and we'll muscled. And when you take off your shirts, it's a free striptease." She then looked at me, "These idiots train in all forms of weather. I doubt you're prepared for that. So I say we girls go shopping and ensure you are ready for their insanity."

"This weekend is going to be so much fun, " Daisy said happily. I shrugged, "I need to get some stuff for my room anyways." I had plenty of money saved up from my fights and since rent isn't a thing, I'm good. We then talked out the details about our trip to the mall this weekend while we ate. I had gone back for seconds, causing Daisy and Jocelyn to stare at me wide-eyed while Reggie and Kylen laughed.

After dinner, we all went to our own houses to keep us from getting hit by the storm that threatened to unleash a downpour on top of us. We went over to one of the available couches in front of the TV and Reggie snatched up the remote before Kylen could. "Yes, it's my choice tonight, " Reggie declared smugly as he turned on the TV. "So what was your reaction when you found out you were going to be marked, " Kylen asked me. "I was more shocked to have found Batair and High Priestess Sonya in my living room when I had gotten home, " I shared with him. "A simple knock on the door and waiting for me to answer it would've been a lot better instead of them invading my privacy and taking a look around while I wasn't home."

Reggie chuckled, "I had felt the same when I found them in my dorm room when I was in college. I had planned on nailing one of the cheerleaders that night, but seeing them killed my boner instantly." He shook his head as he smiled, "My parents were so pissed when they found out I had been marked. You would think they would be pissed about the fact they weren't going to get the money back from the college."  Kylen rolled his eyes, "You were the next in line to be Alpha, plus you were their only child. Now the Beta family gets to be the Alpha family."

Reginald shrugged, "Oh well. Being a warrior is so much better than being an Alpha. Don't get me wrong, my father is an amazing Alpha, but I'm not the leader type like he is. Plus now I have the chance to be immortal and have sex with whoever." Kylen and I both rolled our eyes at that.

"I promise, not everyone here are pigs, " Kylen assured me. "If they were pigs, would that make Captain Asshole the farmer, " I asked with a smirk. They laughed so hard they began crying while I just laughed softly. I didn't know what was funnier, their red faces and tears or the joke. At least I knew one thing. Settling in here might not be so hard after all.