- relocating -

added dividers instead of separate book!
please comment and vote, cuties

TO BE HONEST, Bridgit had a lot of feelings about moving in with Natasha Romanoff

She had a lot of feeling about a lot of things going on at the moment, but at the top of her list were the ones regarding her mentor.

At first, she was thrilled - not that she isn't anymore, she reminded herself as she sat at the desk of her new bedroom, mulling this entire situation over. She was thrilled - is.

Bridgit was like an adopted child, but she was never even adopted. Sometimes, it felt like she was never a child. Like that one kid who never really fits in with the others. The one who looks different. Talks different. But specifically in the group of her friends, Elenora and Connor, she was the oddball out - and not just because of her hair.

(Though that was a very crucial distraction.)

Unlike both of her friends, Bridgit had a mom. Or at least used to. She wasn't "Mom" anymore for many reasons - all of them not good - but she wasn't dead. Jannette Bruley was alive and breathing, and sometimes that proved more of a problem than if she was just dead already.

(Was that harsh? That was probably too harsh but it was the truth.)

Bridgit did not have a dad that she got to see. Biologically, she had a father, and emotionally, she did until she was six, but sometimes people leave and they don't come back.

Devon came back, but Jonas Landon never did.

(Not that Bridgit entirely blamed him - Janette was too much. It was better for him to go back to his first family.)

As much as she wished Steve and Bucky would have taken her too - they could have fought Nick Fury, hell, Bridgit could have - she knew she'd never fit in with them. Connor was basically a Rogers-Barnes already.

Essentially, she was the ugly step-cousin.

History seemed to define Bridgit time and time again. She was a flight risk - one thing her and Elenora had in common - and it always came back to bite her.

And then there was the whole trust thing.

Trusting never worked out for Bridgit. Sure, she trusted Elenora and Connor (somewhat), but the adults were a different story.

Female adults were like an entirely different genre.

Bridgit wasn't worried about trusting Bucky and Steve; she trusted Elenora, and she knew it would just trickle down.

But she really liked Natasha. She looked up to her.

And Bridgit could easily get wrapped in trust and hope and belief and put everything she'd ever wanted in Natasha and think of her as the hero she'd always been to her.