- new york adventures -

THE NEXT MORNING, Elenora awoke from an increasingly loud knock on her door

THE NEXT MORNING, Elenora awoke from an increasingly loud knock on her door. She woke up to the pounding, and it only seemed to get louder as she walked towards it. Groggily, she swung open the door, and there he was- in all his Star-Wars-wearing glory, our very own, Peter Parker.

He was not nearly as tired as Elenora, nearly bouncing in his place. "Are you okay? What happe- don't answer that. I already know, Tony told me. Shit, maybe I wasn't supposed to tell you that Tony told me. Maybe that was supposed to be a secret. Damn it- sorry, I should stop swearing. Your da- I mean, Bucky's around here. Somewhere, anyway. He's the one who let me in. I just wanted to know if you were alive- I mean, okay, 'cause you know Flash, or the fury of him anyway-"

Elenora tried not to laugh as watched him talk. Peter was very amusing to watch, and it was a shame that Elenora had only then realized he was a very animated character. "I'm fine," she reassured him, but she wasn't really sure she knew why. She wasn't fine, not at all, really, but she had to say it so she could live without the pity.

Peter squinted at her. Elenora squinted back.

"Let me get dressed real quick," she told him, showing him a pointer finger as a sign for a minute. He nodded, with pink cheeks, and back up. She hurried to throw some clothes on- Elenora couldn't believe she just greeted Peter Parker without a bra on.

"Cool," Elenora responded, leading Peter out of her room and into the kitchen, where Bucky was. "Morning," she greeted, and Bucky raised his apple as an answer. He didn't want to push anything, not after what last night provoked. "Where's Steve?" she questioned, and Bucky did this waving thing that Elenora managed to decipher as Stark's place. "Would you mind if me and Parker over here made some pancakes?" she asked, and Bucky stopped munching for a moment before Elenora added, "We'll clean up after ourselves."

"Knock yourselves out," he shrugged, and Elenora smiled back at Peter. Bucky really was trying to play cool dad. He wasn't sure what Elenora was allowed to do in her old house, but Steve and him had decided to leave the past where it belonged- behind them. Though they were both still curious, after the previous night, they realized their wonder wasn't worth another break down. Whatever happened to Elenora must've been bad, and the two new parents weren't about to base how they raised their kid off of some old lunatics rules. Besides, it seemed like a pretty normal activity to bake pancakes right?

Well, it is, if you know how to make them.

About halfway into the batter, Peter realized that he mixed up the salt and the sugar, and Elenora confused the flour with the powder sugar. Bucky, who had a sense about five minutes in that things were gonna go down the drain quickly, had moved his spot from the couch to the kitchen island, sitting on one of the stools while reading the newspaper.