- a targeted duo -

weird question: if you had to guess anything about me based off my writing, what would you say? (ex: name, favorite food, etc)

OKAY BUT IN ALL SERIOUSNESS, there's not much worse than a social outcast fleeing from a school that had just been attacked, breaking into someone's house, and then saying "I didn't do it," but for some reason, Connor thought that was a good idea

Elenora could barely breathe as her hand fell from the now broken light switch, hearing her Uncle's voice ringing in her ears and now, Connor's plea of innocence. What had done to deserve this? Jacob first and now an attack? How much did she manage to piss off the universe in the last week?

"What's going on?" Elenora demanded, pulling her hand away from the plastic broken under her palm. Connor's eyes flickered over to the light switch and wondered how often that happened (given that super serum was in all of the residents).

He chided himself, Not the time, dumbass.

"You heard the message," Connor said, swallowing as he watched Elenora gather her bearings. He would never admit it, but it felt like his breath had been stuck in his throat for days until he saw her; Connor really thought his dad might have- don't think about it. "The institute was attacked."

"Why aren't with Uncle Charles?" Elenora demanded, her senses finally knocking into her. Charles and Bridgit and every student were in danger- and for some reason, Connor was standing in her kitchen.

Elenora swore she heard Connor's voice crack as he told her, "I couldn't go with them." Elenora's silence prompted him to go on. "They think it's my fault."

"The attack?" Elenora checked, restating, "As in, the student body thinks you're responsible for the attack? Why? Also, what was the attack exactly?"

It felt like she was spewing a million questions at him, and Connor wasn't sure how many he could answer before he fainted; he was sweating like crazy, his head was pounding and he felt sick- but Elenora's fear response kept her from noticing. "Yes they do," Connor answered the first. It was getting harder for him to say more, but he was trying not to let it show. It had been a fact in his head that he'd have to explain everything when he came to check if she was okay, but this felt much, much harder; what if she blamed him too? 

Then take it. You deserve it. 

Shaking his head at himself, Connor went on, "And it was kinda, uh, like a huge explosion."

"Like a bomb?" Elenora guessed, but by the way, Connor shook his head harshly, Elenora knew it was much, much worse. Anxiously, she demanded, "Then what was it?"

"An earthquake," he told her, rubbing his wrist with his left hand. Another one of his tells, Elenora identified. "An earthquake damaged the school. Walls were falling and there was... it's broken. Uninhabitable."