T W E N T Y F O U R

Start from the beginning

I get off the bus, a spring in my step despite feeling a little under the weather. I walk down a long pebble path, winding down into a woodsy area. I look around, confused, worrying I may be going the wrong way.

I pull my phone out and call Hoseok, it rings a couple times before he picks up.

"Helloooo?" He sings.

"Hoseok, where am I right now, and where am I supposed to be going?" I ask, slightly flustered.

"Do you see a large tree up the pebble path? It should have a tire swing hanging from a branch, and you should see a little shack on the right of it." He says, the wind picking up down the phone.

I look up, searching for the tree and shack, but all I see is more green, nothing distinguishable.

"No?" 

"Ugh, you're hopeless." He playfully scolds me.

"Listen, if you're luring me here to murder me in the woods, I promise I'll haunt your ass for the rest of your life." I say all in one breath, annoyance in my tone.

"Shut up and keep walking. I can see your little head." He says, laughing.

"Where?" I look around me frantically, my eyes darting around as I try to spot him in the distance.

"In front of you, are you blind?" He quips.

I then see a small dot in the distance, along with a large tree behind him, and the silhouette of a shack to his right.

"Oh, I see you." I say, letting out a breath.

He begins to walk forwards, meeting me halfway, his body becoming larger in my view as he draws closer.

I pull the phone from my ear and hang up when I can see his face clearly, a wide smile on his face. He approaches me quickly, and pulls me in for an unexpected hug, wrapping his arms around my upper body.

"Took you long enough, let's go." He says quickly, grabbing my hand in his and dragging me up the path towards the spot.

I can't help but squint my eyes and furrow my brows, wondering what's going on, and why he's decided to take me here. 

The scene before me is beautiful. The woods disperse, and it opens up into a flat earth of perfectly green grass, one large tree in the middle with the tire swing, and a quaint, old looking wooden shack near the edge of the woods entrance. I look further on, and see it stops at a cliffs edge, the bright, blue sky stretching out before me endlessly.

My eyes widen as he drags me to the tree, a cute blanket spread out on the floor, along with a cooler and wicker basket.

"Sit down." He says, taking a seat on the floor and crossing his legs, grabbing a beer out the cooler.

I take a seat and eye him suspiciously, pouting my lips.

"What's all this?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"Have you never had a picnic before?" He retorts sarcastically, passing a beer to me.

"Yes, but what is this for?" I ask, taking a sip, the refreshing taste instantly satisfying my taste buds.

"Does there have to be a reason?" He asks, chuckling at the end of his sentence.

"I guess not..." I trail off, watching him as he sets up the picnic, pulling multiple lunchboxes out of the basket. He places one in front of me, along with a pair of chopsticks and a spoon, giving me a sweet, half smile.

I can't help but to smile back, an involuntary giggle escaping my lips at his nervousness.

"Eat." He demands, sucking some sauce off his thumb.