S E V E N T E E N

Jin hovers above me on the bed, pressing his knee against my bare crotch. His tongue dances with mine, our lips locked in a rough kiss.

I feel his hand creep its way up my thigh, feathering dangerously close to my clit, until I hear the sound of my phone ringing. 

I tear away from the kiss and notice it on the bedside table. I lazily check the caller ID, and see it's my dad.

I practically throw him off of me and roll over, grabbing my phone and turning to face him, holding my finger over my lips, hinting for him to stay quiet. 

I quickly answer it, my heartbeat thumping loudly in my ears.

"Hello?" I answer, my voice shaky. 

"Willow! Where the hell are you?! I've been calling and texting since 2am last night." My dad yells on the other end of the phone, panic clear in his tone. 

"I'm so sorry, I should have let you know. I stayed at the house last night. I got pretty drunk and it was late, I had no way of getting home. I'm perfectly safe, I promise." I say, trying my best to cover my ass.

"Stay there, I'll come get you."

"No! It's fine. Hoseok can drive and he's here. He'll drop me home. Don't worry." I protest, trying to remain calm. 

"Okay, just come home as soon as possible. I have some news." He says, sounding exacerbated. 

I furrow my brows and pout my lip in confusion.

"I'm on my way." I say, and hang up the phone. 

I jump off the bed and gather my clothes, hastily throwing them back on, and clumsily doing the button up on my jeans. 

I completely forgot where I was for a second. I turn and look at Jin, who's sat on the bed, a look of disappointment on his face.

"I'm sorry. I need to go." I say, giving him an apologetic smile. 

"It's fine, I understand. I'll take you home." He says, standing from the bed.

"You'll have to drop me about a block away from my house, though. It'll look weird if he sees my teacher taking me home after a house party on a Friday night..." I say, giving him a knowing look.

"Of course." He responds, redressing himself. 

We quickly make our way to his car after I've collected all my belongings, and the atmosphere feels a little awkward. 

It's still fresh, and brand new, so there's some awkwardness as expected. Neither of us planned for this to happen, or for us to go that far as we did the night before. There are still some unanswered questions, words unsaid and rules unclarified. But I'm sure it'll all come in due time.

He pulls up outside a convenience store, just a few minutes walk from my house. He turns off the engine and faces me, his arm rested on the back of my seat.

"I'll see you on Monday." He says, leaning into his chair, his thighs spread apart on the seat.

I let out a frustrated breath, feeling unsatisfied with the unfinished business this morning. 

I smile and nod my head, then turn to open the door. 

He suddenly grabs my arm and pulls me towards him, and cups my cheek in his palm. He plants a quick, yet sweet kiss on my lips before pulling away. 

I giggle at his embarrassed face afterwards. 

"See you on Monday." I say as I pull on the door handle, and hop out of the car, making my way down the street as fast as I can. 

I rush inside my house and close the door behind me, walking straight into the living room. I see a suitcase sitting in the corner of the room, and my dad sitting on the couch, no doubt waiting for me.

"Dad?" I call him. He turns his head, a look of anger on his face.

"Jesus Christ, you scared me, Willow. What the hell where you thinking?!" He yells, standing from the couch. 

"I'm really sorry. I just wasn't thinking. I won't do it again," I say, frowning at him apologetically.

"You're the only one I have left. What would I do without you?!" He continues to yell, but I know it's only because he was worried. 

"I know." I mumble, biting the inside of my lip. He lets out a sigh, sitting back down on the couch.

"Go take a shower, I have something to talk to you about." He says, his voice calmer. 

**

I clean myself up as quickly as I can, dressing in clean clothes before I head back downstairs. I comb through my hair, and tie it up into a tight bun. I'm still feeling sore and groggy from the night before, a tight, sharp pain in inside me as I move. 

I make my way back into the living room, and flop myself down on the couch next to my dad, letting out a content sigh.

"What is it?" I ask, pulling my legs up on the seat and crossing them together, getting comfortable. 

He takes his glasses off and turns to face me, a worried expression on his face.

"Our company is organising an overseas trip for my department. That means I'll be out of the country for a week..." He trails off, waiting for my response.

"What? Where is it?" I ask, furrowing my brows.

"Australia. I'll be leaving early hours of this morning. They sprung it on me last minute, I couldn't turn it down. You'll be alone for a week at home. Do you think you'll be alright?" He asks.

"Yeah of course. I understand, don't worry about me. I'll be fine." I smile, attempting to reassure him.

"I've left emergency money on the counter in the kitchen, and if you ever run into any trouble, you call me. Day or night, got it?" He says, a stern look on his face.

"Got it." I nod and smile.

"Are you packed?" I ask, looking at the suitcase.

"Yeah, finished this morning." He responds.

"Does that mean we can spend some father daughter bonding time before you leave?" I ask, leaning into him.

"What did you have in mind?"

"I'm too tired to go out. How about a movie night here? I'll get the blankets, and you get the popcorn? Spend the whole day watching movies?" I suggest, smiling at him widely. 

"Sounds perfect." He returns my smile, getting up from the couch.

"If you cry at any of the movies, I get to show my work buddies your baby photos." He sniggers at me, grinning evilly.

"If you cry, I'm showing all your work friends your speedo beach pictures." I challenge back, raising an eyebrow. 

"Oh, you're evil." He chuckles.

"Deal?" I ask, holding my hand out to him.

"Pfft. Deal." He scoffs, slapping his hand in mine, shaking it. 

Game on.