8- Mysteries

The elevator started slowly rising as the doors closed in front of us. The glowing digital numbers signaling which floor we were on switched we each floor we passed.

"For an elevator to Olympus, it's kind of slow." Evelyn said with her arms crossed.

"Not to mention the music sucks." I said to her. The music was very bad and normally I tend to like all kinds of music but this was just horrible.

The elevator hit floor one hundred and two. The cables began to creak and it felt like we were slowly going back down.

Evelyn and I gripped the handrail as something snapped and the elevator shot upwards faster than a speeding bullet.

The ride soon came to a close as the elevator began to shake before it stopped completely.

The red digital numbers had changed to letters and had read one word. "Olympus."

I looked at Evelyn. "You ready?"

A flash of nervousness crossed her face before it turned into that of content as we walked out onto the stone path.

A stone path winding between houses and buildings, more like temples and shops honestly. The road wound all the way to the summit of the mountain all the way to the golden palace at the top of the mountain.

"It's beautiful." Evelyn whispered as we began to walk through the city.

We walked passed a small shop where a woman with brown hair was leaning over the counter looking at something.

She was dressed in golden armor with a white yoga underneath and a Great Horned Owl sat on top of the shop with its eyes piercing through mine.

Athena.

"You've come along way haven't you, brother?" Her voice said as she turned away from the desk. "And you brought Apollo's daughter." She said glancing at Evelyn who smiled shyly.

"We need to speak with the Gods." I said to her.

She raised an eyebrow. "Bold of you to demand the presence of the Gods." She gave a small smile. "You remind me of a not so old hero."

She looked at Evelyn before she sighed. "Very well, follow me." She said as we continued to walk.

"Olympus is beautiful." Evelyn said as Athena lead the way through the streets.

"After Cronus's second failed assault on Olympus, it was destroyed. So we had to rebuild."

"Did you design it?" I asked her. "Being the Goddess of Arts and Crafts and all."

She shook her head. "It was designed by my daughter. Perhaps one the best architects Olympus has seen."

"So it's true then?" I asked her. "There's more demigods? More monsters? More wars than I ever knew about?"

"You were naive to believe that you were the only demigod." She said as she pushed open the palace doors and we entered the throne room.

"Achilles Walker, you are about to learn the stories of the single greatest hero to ever live." She said to me as we entered the throne room.

"Son." Zeus said to me.

"Father, you have some explaining to do." I said to him as I saw Evelyn glare at Apollo from the corner of my eye.

He chuckled. "I suppose I do. Where should I start?"

"Start with the War."

"Ah, the Second Titan War. We have to start way back, during World War II." Zeus started. "World War II was fought between my sons and Poseidon's sons against the sons of Hades. Our children have always been powerful and they were influencing the events of mortals too much, but it all started after the war when the Oracle predicted that the next child of the Big Three to turn sixteen would be the savior of the destroyer of Olympus."

"So we made a pact on the River Styx, that we would no longer have affairs with Mortal Woman. Sometime later I sired two children. Thalia and Jason Grace, Hades had two children before the pact named Bianca and Nico Di Angelo he hid them away in the Lotus Hotel and Casino where time doesn't pass so they wouldn't turn sixteen, and Poseidon birthed the greatest hero Olympus has seen. Perseus Jackson."

"Tell me about him?" I said to them.

"He's kind." Demeter said quietly.

"Modest, for a Son of Poseidon." Athena spoke.

"Powerful. He bested me in combat when he was twelve." Ares said.

"Loyal." Poseidon said.

"The only man I trust and respect." Artemis said looking at me.

"Wow thanks Arty, I'm hurt."

She snorted. "You don't count and if you call me that again you'll be the next hunt."

"My daughter Annabeth, and Perseus walked through Tartarus together and came out the other side." Athena said sadly.

"When he was twelve years old, he was taken to Camp Half Blood to be trained. He was attacked by a Minotaur and killed him with his hands and his horn. He later set out to retrieve my stolen Master Bolt which had been stolen by a son of Hermes named Luke Castellan, he fought Ares, returned Hades helmet and returned mine. A year later he traveled through the Bermuda Triangle to fetch the Golden Fleece which brought my daughter Thalia back to life. He then saved a kidnapped Annabeth and fought the Titan Atlas alongside Artemis and her hunters. The next year he traversed through the Labyrinth and killed a Giant son of Gaea and then blew up Mount Saint Helens, where Typhon awoke. He then led Camp Half Bloods army into battle in New York where Cronus launched his assault, Luke sacrifices himself to destroy Cronus but Percy and his friends were heroes. We offered him godhood and he turned it down." Zeus said to me.

My mouth dropped. "That's a good story."

"It's not finished." Athena said to me.

"Six months later another the Prophecy of the Seven came and Percy Jackson had his memory wiped along with Jason Grace and they switched camps. In an attempt to unite the Greeks and Roman Percy was sent to Camp Jupiter and Jason was sent to Camp Half Blood. Percy traveled north to Alaska where they battled the Giant Alcyoneus. They then made their way through the Mediterranean where Percy and Annabeth ultimately fell into Tartarus before they made it out and continued their mission to stop Gaea in Athens. She eventually made her assault on Camp Half Blood which was locked in Civil War with Camp Jupiter. The two camps joined forces and defeated Gaea once and for all." Zeus spoke prideful of what the demigods had accomplished.

"Why did you send me to Salvatore and not Camp Half-Blood?" I asked him.

"It was my wish that it would've kept you out of the horrors that a demigod hero goes through. I had hoped to keep you out of it but I was wrong."

"Can I ask you for a favor?" I asked him.

He looked at me quizzically.

I turned to my brother, Hermes.

"Take us there."

Zeus and Hermès shared a look and Zeus nodded to him before my vision went black and we disappeared.