6- Research

I laid in my bed with my hands across my chest staring at the ceiling.

Evelyn was lying next to me staring at the ceiling. Something was eating at her. She wanted to say something to me.

"Achilles."

"Evelyn."

We said each other's names at the same time.

"You first." She said looking at me.

"Your father was here earlier, he said some pretty sketchy stuff." I said to her.

"Well that answers my question." She said in disgust towards her father. "Anyway, what did he say."

"He told me that there are things in this world I have yet to discover, he said that Cronus had already tried to rise in recent years."

"So you think there's something that Olympus isn't telling you?" Evelyn asked.

I nodded.

She sat up and shook her hair out. "Well then what are we going to do about it?"

"We?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "We're a team remember."

I chuckled.

"We're going to figure out what's going on behind the curtain."

"Great." Evelyn said excitedly. "Where do we start?"

I thought about that confused for second. "Umm, the internet?"

Evelyn laughed.

I rolled out of bed.

"Let's get to work."

***
We quietly crept down the stairs all the way to Dr. Saltzman's office where I knew he wasn't present and everyone else was already asleep.

I sat behind his desk as Evelyn pulled the two large doors closed and locked them.

She walked over to me and stood behind me as I logged onto his computer.

I clicked on Google Chrome and waited for the application to open up to the google search bar.

"Paper and pen." I said to Evelyn who quickly opened one of the drawers and found a yellow notepad with a pen lying next to it.

"Ummm let's see." I said thinking about I should type. "Oh I have an idea." I said starting to type away.

Abnormal events in the 2000s

I scrolled down the suggested links and clicked on one that sounded good. "List of unexplained events in the early 2000s."

"Holy crap." I said reading stuff on the list.

2005- Freak Meteorological Storms were threatening people worldwide.
Three old ladies were attacked on a bus.
Apparent terrorist attack at the St. Louis Arch.

2006- A Bombing in a school gym.

2007- A Principal was attacked and two students were kidnapped.
An attack in Washington DC and the Hoover Dam happened.

2008- Two cheerleaders with bronze prosthetic legs were attacked in school.
Mount Saint Helens erupted unexpectedly.

2009- The Andromeda Cruise Ship exploded in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.
Every citizen in Manhattan was put to sleep, before the city was destroyed in some sort of battle.

2010-2011- Strange and supernatural reports were coming in worldwide. New York, San Francisco, Seattle, Quebec City, Mount Diablo, Alaska, San Juan, The Mediterranean Sea, Rome, and even Greece.

2011- Present- Exploding bridge in Boston.
A bronze flying dragon.
Etc. etc.

"There's a whole other side of our world we don't know about." I said leaning back.

"What makes you so sure?" Evelyn asked as she sat down on my lap.

I shook my head in shock for a second before grabbing the mouse and scrolling upwards.

"If you look closely." I said clicking on the picture of Mount Saint Helens. "You can see that Typhon had been trapped under there and is waking up. You can also see Echidna with her pet Chimera in the hole of the Saint Louis Arch."

"As far as I'm concerned and putting two and two together. Mount Olympus is located over the Empire State Building where most of the battle took place."

"Cheerleaders with bronze legs, easy guess. Those were Empousai. I fought one a few years ago. Nasty creatures." I said to Evelyn.

"How come no one ever is able to get good pictures or find out who's behind all of this?"

"I'm assuming it's for the same reason no one has ever located us either. You'd think after fighting people in Nashville, and Iceland we'd be all over the news. But nothing."

"So you think there's some magic that prevents the non supernatural from seeing the supernatural."

"Bingo, and I have a feeling that these supernatural reports weren't random. I think this all connected to a few individuals."

"You mean heroes. Like you or me or Olivia. Like your team."

"Exactly. Just older."

Evelyn grabbed my hands and pulled me out of the chair. "How about we go to bed, and we'll talk about this tomorrow?"

I smiled at her. "So it's we now?"

She smirked at me. "Only if you want it to be."

I rolled my eyes and walked passed her.

"You're sleeping on the floor."

She laughed as she jumped on my back. "Not a chance."

I caught her before I headed up the stairs to my room with her on my back.

She was asleep by the time I was turning the knob to my room.

"Achilles?" A voice asked from down the hall.

I quickly put Evelyn down on the bed before walking into the hall where the voice was now closer.

It was Olivia.

"What's up?"

"So are you two like a thing now?" She asked me quietly.

I shook my head before closing the door and leaning against the wall. "I could never date her while you're still in my heart."

She smiled a little bit. "I miss you Ash."

I shrugged. "Yeah I miss you too, but just because I miss you doesn't mean I want you back."

She looked at the ground.

"I understand why you did it, but that still doesn't change the fact that you completely grabbed my heart and crushed it between your fingers." I said to her.

She nodded as a tear fell on the floor.

I stared at her for a few minutes.

"I have to go to bed. I'll see you tomorrow." I said finally coming to my sense.

She nodded and wiped her eyes.

"Goodnight Ash."

"Goodnight Liv."