"Hey guys," Sophie said.

"You two on a date?" Erica smirked at Nick.

"No, just hanging out," Nick looked a bit nervous.

"How's the nose?" Troy asked.

"It's getting better," Jake answered. "Sophie, what happened last night? You left so early."

"I had a family meeting to go to, nothing major," Sophie answered.

As the group was talking, a fleet of police officers arrived to the food court; among the officers was Becky. Jake looked and saw Becky, ducking his head behind Nick.

"What's up?" Nick asked.

"Becky," Jake whispered in fear.

"Where?"

Nick looked over at the officers and saw Becky eating a donut.

"We need to get Jake outta here," he said. "If Becky sees him, she'll try to take him back."

"Let's bounce then," Troy replied.

The group rose from their table and headed away from the food court. Becky looked over to the group and saw Jake's face. She got up and slowly followed them. When the teens were close to the exit, they heard a voice.

"Jake Arnette!" Becky yelled.

"RUN!" Jake replied.

The group burst through the door and ran across the parking lot, Becky following them in her cop car. The teens reached the sidewalk and ran through the city, being chased by Becky. The group hid in an alleyway behind a dumpster. They looked and saw Becky's cop car drive by. They reemerged from the alley and headed in the Twilight Cafe, sitting in a booth away from the window.

"Mind telling us what's going on?" Sophie asked.

"Becky is Jake's abusive foster mother," Erica explained.

"She beats him badly for the past five years," Nick added. "That's why he's staying with me."

"That would explain why you two come to school everyday," Troy answered. "So if Becky beats Jake, why did she adobt him in the first place?"

"To get some extra cash every month, I guess," Erica answered.

"That's not being a good parent," Sophie commented. "And Trina thought everything that happened was because of love."

"Well, she wasn't completely wrong," Nick replied. "Everything I did for Boy Scout was because I wanted to be a good person and help him... but then I was catching feelings for him."

"So are you two dating?" Troy asked.

"It's not official yet," Jake answered. "We're still taking it slow."

"You've been taking it slow for a while," Erica commented.

"Whatever, Goldilocks," Nick replied.

"So now what?" Sophie asked. "We can't let Becky get to Jake."

"We need to get to my place," Nick answered.

"And something tells me we can't go out the front door," Troy pointed outside, the group seeing Becky getting out of her cop car.

The group got up and headed to the backdoor, Becky seeing them and speed-walking towards them. The group sees Becky closing the gap between them and ran out the door and headed down the street, Becky following them on foot. When they reached the appartment building, Nick climbed up the fire escape while the rest of the group went through the front of the building. Soon, Nick regrouped with the group in the living room, Clair and Gerald walking in with cofused looks on their faces.