Forty Nine- Battle

Start from the beginning

"Nice work, Morgan," she said to me with a smile. 

"You weren't so bad yourself, Sis," I said. 

As we were talking, we were interrupted by a large shape landing before us. A shifted dragon, at least nine feet tall with dark crimson wings stood with an angry look on its beastly face. 

We both took our positions, ready to defend ourselves or attack the giant standing in front of us. After a moment, Harper decided to make the first move. She jumped at the beast, swinging her sword in the process. The large creature quickly moved away from her swing, but then swung it's large claw at her, completely knocking her to the ground. 

"Hey, don't fucking touch her!" I screamed as I jumped up onto his back. 

I made a quick motion to aim for its eyes. Once my knife glided through the first eye, the beast let out an awful roar of pain. The dragon shifter began to flail around in the attempt to get me off its back. Thankful for Xenophon's training, I knew the best ways to hold onto a shifter like this one. I held on with all my might before finally pulling my sharpest knife out from my belt and stabbing the beast in its neck. 

Another deep roar of pain sounded as I jumped off the beasts back and ran to my sister. She was laying on the ground, holding her stomach were the beast had hit her. 

"Harper!" I screamed. 

"I'm fine, I'm fine," she tried to convince me but I knew how she lied in times of tension. A moment later Zeek in his dragon form was by her side, his large silvery face held worry. 

"Get her out of here!" I ordered. Zeek nodded and gently picked Harper up before flying her away to safety. I watched as they flew away into the sky and to where I would assume would be the bunker. 

Taking a minute to observe my surroundings, I noticed the lack of attackers. There were far more of us than there were of them by now. We were going to win. I stood up to my full height before making a last rush towards where the largest portion of the fighting was now occurring. 

I had picked up Harper's sword and used it to cut down any enemy in my way which were mostly werewolves and vamps. 

Xenophon's POV 

After taking down a werewolf who was about to attack Morgan, I flew straight to the head of the enemy lines where I knew the person I was looking for would be. 

Once I landed in front of the green dragon side of Syfus, I growled, threatening him, challenging him. 

"You're worthless just like your father and his soft kingdom! Fighting with these pathetic little creatures!" Syfus hissed. 

"Oh and I'm sure your pretty little mate is here with you. I sure hope that baby of yours is safe and sound somewhere, because when I kill you that's the first place I'm going! I'm going to wipe all of you soft pathetic dragon shifters out!" he growled, but not louder than I did. 

"You will not fucking touch my daughter, and it will be YOU who will be dying today, Syfus!" I growled before lunging at him. 

My dragon was larger than his by at least a foot, giving me a strong size advantage. I knew it would still be a tough fight though due to Syfus's experience in fighting. 

We circled each other for a minute before we charged. Our bodies collided with extreme force, sending us both stumbling back. 

I was quick to regain myself as I charged once again. I went straight at his shoulder, my strong jaws locking onto his collarbone area. I then swung my spiked tail around, plunging the sharp edges into his leg. 

He let out a roar of pain before he threw me off of him. I stumbled back but he hit me before I could regain myself. His jaws clamped onto my upper arm causing me to growl. 

I quickly grabbed his neck with my teeth, hitting his windpipe with the bite. His jaws let me go quickly as he stumbled back, holding his neck as he shifted into his human form. 

I walked over to him before I grabbed him by the hair.

"Now, you will never be able to hurt anyone ever again," I growled in his face before I ripped his head off of his body.

Morgan's POV 

Another five minutes of swinging my sword, a loud signal roar came from ahead of me. It was a roar of a dragon, I knew that for sure. Everything halted then and there, all the fighting stopping mid action. 

Standing in the front of the crowd facing the battle was a large dark colored dragon holding the head of Syfus. A sense of pride filled me as I knew we had done what we came here to do. We won Earth back. 

The crowd began to shift. Everyone on our side moved behind Xenophon while the vampires, wolves and Dyspherian's who fought for Syfus were on the other side. Xenophon stood tall and prideful and I was quick to run to his side. 

"I want any vampire kings and werewolf alphas to step forward," Xenophon ordered. 

Slowly, several werewolves and vampires came forward. All the shifters returned to their human forms, slipping on clothes accordingly. Once all the king vampires and alpha wolves were forward, Xenophon spoke again. 

"I want all of you to come with me," he spoke with authority. "The rest of you will remain here until further notice. The resistance guards will make sure none of you escape, so don't even try to because it will only be a death wish," he threatened. 

Xenophon looked down at me before motioning for me to fallow. Zor, Mia, Axa and Malix as well as the human commanders escorted the alphas and kings as we made our away away from the battle, leaving the scene of carnage behind us.