Eleven- Lost and Found

Xenophon's POV

As soon as Zeek took off with Morgan my blood began to boil. I tried to hold on and wait until they came back, but I just could not stand thinking about Morgan and Zeek being alone, let alone my mate being with any other unmated male.

I took off as fast as I could, searching for them, but Zeek was smart. He masked his scent so I could not follow his exact trail. I heard someone rushing up behind me on the trail. I turned to see Zor looking at me with a concerned expression.

"Xenophon, brother, do not get too angry, you know what will happen. You will do something and the human could get hurt in the process of your rage. He won't let any harm come to her if that is what you are concerned about," he stated.

I looked into his eyes, and I knew he was right, but I also knew I would not be able to hold my anger in. The connection between a royal male such as myself and his mate was an extremely strong bond and any threat, even family, was a danger to the bond that the male will try to exterminate. It was a primal instinct that was burning to be set free and I was not going to be able to withstand its desire much longer.

"She has a name you know," I growled, feeling a pressure begin to build inside of my body. I growled again, as I began searching around the forest. I followed any obvious trail I could see but my anger was building. I was boiling, the heat of my skin would almost burn Morgan's fragile human flesh.

Finally after just ten or so minutes of searching, I came upon a rock formation. There on top stood Morgan and Zeek and he was inches away from my Morgan, my mate. He was about to kiss her! My blood came to a full boil, the fire now burning too hot to handle.

In a matter of seconds, my bones began to break and realigned, my flesh ripped and my scales came out. My body grew as the anger and rage took over, a deep, roar like growl escaped my vocal cords from deep within my chest. My wings ripped through my flesh last, and I flew as fast as I could, ripping Zeek away from Morgan.

I grabbed him as hard as I could and threw him to the ground. I roared loudly in his face as he began to shift into his own beast. He threw me off, and charged at me. We collided, and began slashing and biting at each other fiercely, his attacks in defense while mine were in rage and fury.

I am not sure how long this lasted, as my beast and rage took control, but soon enough Zor swooped in. His blue figure loudly roared us, commanding us to stand down and end this battle. I growled and boomed in anger and disagreement, my instincts telling me to continue the battle in order to show my claim over my mate.

Finally, Zeek changed back into his natural form followed by Zor. They waited patiently for me to calm down and slowly change back, my bones cracking and slipping back into their normal position. Zeek stood amused as he cracked his neck and twisted around to crack his spine.

"Now, tell me what the fuck you think you were doing with my mate?!" I screamed at him. I was still furious, even the thought of it made my teeth grow out as they would be in my beastly form.

"Calm, brother," Zor said looking at me, holding a hand out to signal for me to relax before turning to Zeek waiting for his response. Zeek cleared his throat and scratched the back of his neck.

"Well, you see, I get along with her really well, and she's really beautiful. I just thought maybe I was connected with her also," he said looking around, avoiding eye contact with me. His smug look was no longer on his face, instead replaced by one of shame and embarrassment. Zor shook his head as he began to turn away.

"Why would you even want to know? She is mine! Only mine!" I roar at Zeek, who now looks scared to even look in my direction. He gulps and finally makes eye contact with me.