Thirty Two- Explanations

"You have a lot of explaining to do," Xen turned to me and Thane with anger in his voice. 

I swallowed hard at his words and his eyes that were speckled with darkness. 

"What do I have to explain to you?" I said with venom lacing my words. He seemed taken back by my tone and he seemed to calm a bit. 

"For starters," he says as he turns to Zor. "Why is there a mutt clinging to you?" 

Zor growls deeply and I smack Xenophon's arm as hard as I can. 

"She is my mate. One that I don't intend on betraying," Zor spoke with even more venom than I had. 

"I didn't betray my mate!" Xen yells back. 

"Really? That one hundred percent makes sense! You know how the mark on Morgan is gone, she felt the pain of you cheating on her and everything else!" Thane yelled.

"Enough!" I screamed and everyone went silent. "What questions do you have Xen?" 

"Why are you with the lycans?" he asks

"To hide from you and to get away from everything. Now it's my second home. I love it here and I love the people," 

"Are you ever going to come back to the kingdom?" he asks this time with sadness poking through his voice and his eyes sprinkled with blue speckles. 

"I don't know, Xen," 

"Would you come back if I could prove my innocence?" he asks looking me directly into the eyes. Everyone fell silent. 

"Can you?" I ask unconvinced. 

"Yes," 

"Then show me or tell me or whatever you have to. Until I see proof or hear a good explanation I'll remain unconvinced," I say crossing my arms. Thane walks up behind me and places a hand on my lower back to relax me. 

"The night the connection was broken I was spelled. The woman whom you saw kissing me did it. She wanted to be in your spot as future queen and she could only do so if I didn't have a legitimate connection to anyone. So she spelled me, making it so I didn't even know what I was doing. I just thought I was standing in the corner of the ball room thinking and observing the crowd. She only kissed me so you'd see and then you'd leave. We didn't have sex. She just used a connection breaking spell. I felt the connection break as well. Apparently you felt it more and as if I had broken it, while on my end I only felt it as if I had committed the act though I didn't. I only realized our connection had broken when I woke up the next morning," 

His words shocked me. They honestly made sense though, but how could I be sure?

"How do I know you're not lying?" 

"Zeek saw her prepping the spells and he gathered enough proof to prove it as well. She was put to trial and has been executed," 

My mouth felt dry and my head began to spin. I walked over and sat on the couch with my head in my hands. All this information at once was hitting me way to fast. 

"And you," Xen says to Zor, "You took off with her. You're the one who hid her first. I'm assuming it was Thane who brought her here to the lycans," he said rolling his eyes. Thane only nodded with a shrug. 

"All I have to say is thank you for keeping her safe. And Zor, congratulations on your mate," he says. 

He walks over and sits next to me on the couch looking at my stomach which has grown since he last saw me. He looks at me questioningly as if to ask if he can feel the baby bump. I simply nod and lean back slightly. 

He gently places his large hands on my bump and he smiles. His face lights up and he looks up at me. "Have you found out the gender yet?" I nod with a light smile. 

"It's a girl," I say gently looking down at my tummy. 

"A girl," Xen says quietly. He slowly stands up and walks away to a window and he leans on it slightly. I see his shoulders bouncing slightly and I immediately know he is crying. I speed walk over to him and place a hand on his back.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I say softly. 

"I missed part of your pregnancy. I missed part of my own child growing. Parts I will never get back," he says and he stands up and wipes his tears as he takes a breath. 

"I should've been there for you finding out the gender or for when you first began showing. I should've been there for everything. All of it. And because I was too stupid to notice a witch I missed it all. I lost my mate. And I don't even know what I will be to our child. It doesn't recognize me. It doesn't respond to me like it should," he says as his entire eyes shine blue. 

"Xen no matter what happens to US,  I will always let you be in our child's life," I say softly again. 

He looks over to Thane who is talking with Zor in the living room. "Thane, please come here for a moment?" Xen asks. Thane looks at Zor and shrugs before he makes his way over to us. 

"What do you need?" he asks. Xen places his hand gently on my stomach. 

"Put your hand next to mine," Xen says and Thane does as he's told. Xen's eyes grow slightly darker and Thane looks at him confused. 

"The baby responds positively to when Thane's energy is touching you like she should to me as her father. Instead she is just neutral with me. She doesn't get excited," Xen says sadly. 

I sigh and step away from both of them and run my hands through my hair. I give a large yawn and stretch my arms out. 

"Hey, it's time for bed. You're tired and you need your energy," Thane says walking over to me. He places his hand on my lower back and walks me to Zor and Mia leaving Xen in the kitchen. We say good night and Mia and Zor leave wrapped up in each other. 

I look over to Xen and give him a small smile before Thane walks me to my bedroom. He closes the door behind him as he walks us over to my bed. 

"What are you going to do now?" Thane asks quietly. I shake my head. 

"I'm not sure honestly. I guess all we can do is see how things go," he nods lightly before planting a kiss on my cheek. 

"Goodnight, Little One and Little One Jr," he says with a chuckle before opening the door. He gives a quick look back at me and I thought I saw a sparkle of red mixed in his purple eyes before he smiles and closes the door.