Chapter 5: Historical Fairytale

I didn't register my arm swinging until my hand came into contact with his face. His head snapped to the side and my hand burnt from the impact, but it felt good. I watched Angelo's jaw move and he clenched his fists tightly, closing his eyes briefly before opening them again.

"You crazy bastard." I bit out, hitting his chest with each word.

Angelo grabbed my wrists and looked down at me, his silver eyes darkening.

"Stop it."

Of course I didn't listen to him.

I beat at his hard chest and shoved at him until he finally let up and allowed me to roll off the bed. I glared down at him as he took a seating position with a pissed off look on his face. The audacity of him to even be feeling mad right now after what he had just said.

"If I didn't know you were fucking messed up in the head, now I know for sure. You made me forget you? Who are you, God?"

His eyes flashed a scary stream of light at my bold remarks but I continued.

"You need to stop spewing all of this crazy talk and get the hell out of here!"

"It's my place."

I froze.

My eyes surveyed the expensive apartment with a flared up demeanor. "Well then, I'll leave."

Before I could even make it half way across the room, the man was standing before me. I gasped in shock at the sight of him.

"How-"

"Let's get one thing straight first. I know you're going to find all that I'm about to tell you a lot to take in at once, but bringing God into this is unnecessary and you can get punished for such snide remarks," I stared at him in disbelief. "But I'm still going to make the effort to make you understand because I don't think I can find it within me to stay away from you anymore. So, please, listen to all that I have to say before you make a decision."

Staring at his sincere eyes, my willpower shattered into a million pieces and before I knew it, I was sitting across from him in the arm chair.

"You've got five minutes."

A beautiful smile blossomed onto his face. It was such a sight that it could have the angels singing in delight. I found myself transfixed by it.

"Thank you." He breathed out in relief.

I titled my head at him as if to say get on with it already and getting the hint, he did.

"We met ten centuries ago-"

"Wait! Hold up." I interjected with a raise of my hand.

He looked at me with big, innocent eyes as if he hadn't said what he did a while ago.

To the point that I started to wonder if I had misheard him.

"Did you...do you mean ten years ago?"

His lips pursed at my correction.

The response was delayed in words but I could see it in his eyes before he spoke.

"No, what I said was correct. I meant ten centuries—one millennium ago."

"Ah." I sat there dumbfounded.

This man is incredibly nuts! It's such a shame too with his gorgeous body and face.

I guess it was fair for him to lack in some department.