11;

"Guys, please. This is my sister you're talking about!" Daniel begged, trying to reason with his members.

"Daniel, you know we can't do anything else or else the Boss will kill us!" Seongwu exclaimed, the fear evident in his voice.

"I just got her back! Please, I can't lose her again," his voice cracked.

"Then why did you tell the Boss that she's the soulmate of our largest gang rival?" Daehwi retorted.

"I don't know I wasn't thinking! I just wanted to impress the Boss with more information," he stammered.

"Well, it doesn't matter anymore. If we don't get her tonight, he's going to kill us all." Woojin said, preparing to exit the base.

"You know he wouldn't hesitate to do it. He would easily replace us all," Jisung whispered, his eyes staring at the ground.

"I know, but come on, guys..." Daniel tried to reason with them, but they all pushed him away and left the base. Seongwu came up to him and patted him on the back, pity in his eyes.

"I'm sorry, Daniel, but it's something that has to be done."

Daniel slouched and hung his head, nodding. Tears filled to the brim in his eyes.

"Come on, Niel. You know you're the Boss's top man. He's going to be angry if you don't come."

Daniel closed his eyes and took a deep breath, a stray tear falling from his eyes.

"I'm sorry, Noona," he whispered. He looked at at Seongwu.

"Let's go."

____

Seulgi woke up to the sound of clattering coming from downstairs. She assumed it must have been Daniel. She rubbed her eyes and rose from her bed, making her way to the stairs.

"Daniel?" She called out. The clattering stopped.

"Y-yeah?"

She made her way down the stairs. "What's keeping you up so late? Are you hungry? Do you want me to make you something? Tea, hot chocolate? No coffee because it'll just keep you up."

Daniel's face came into view and she smiled, glad he was home safe and sound.

"It's okay, Noona. I'm not hungry. Why are you up though?" He asked, worry strong in both his face and voice.

"Ah, I just woke up because I heard you down here. You sure you don't need anything?" She questioned. Daniel glanced behind her for a moment before looking back at her and nodding.

"It's fine. But Noona?"

"Yes?"

"I just want you to know that I love you so much, okay? I know I'm not the greatest brother, but you're the best sister I could ever ask for."

"I know, Daniel. That's a little random, but I love you too, my baby brother." She smiled, squeezing his cheeks. Daniel returned the smile with a sad look in his eyes. "And you know, you're not that bad of a brother," She grinned.

"I'm sorry," he whispered. She frowned, about to ask why he was sorry when hands from behind grabbed her, a piece of cloth placed over her mouth and nose, causing her vision to slowly fade to black.

Daniel watched in tears as his sister went limp in Seongwu's arms. He roughly ran his hand through his hair before taking Seulgi from him.