73

Holding her newborn baby in her arms for the first time ever, Maryam felt her heart swell with so much love for him. He was so small, yet beautiful. He was still very little, but yet she could tell he looked more like Sa'eed than her. His nose was exactly like Sa'eed's. His little lips as well, just like Manal's.

She smiled. She couldn't help reminiscing the day Manal was birthed. That was one of the happiest moments of her life. The feeling of having to hold her in her arms was euphorically priceless.

She was still in the midst of her reverie when Sa'eed walked in with a plastic bag in his hand. His lips curved into a wide smile at the sight of his wife and baby. Discreetly, he fished out his cellphone from his pocket and captured the moment. It came out so beautifully, that he couldn't help, but set the picture as his new wallpaper.

Putting his phone back in his pocket, he made his presence known by clearing his throat. "You're awake." He stated and planted a kiss on her forehead, then on the little baby's.

"I was looking everywhere for you." She pouted. "Where did you disappear to?"

"I went to get you some food." He replied. "I hope you aren't feeling any discomfort right now."

She shook her head. "I was just admiring our baby. He looks just like you. I'm jealous." She feigned hurt.

Sa'eed chuckled. "I think he looks more like Manal. Look, he has her eyes."

Maryam's lips curved into a duchenne smile. "I wish she is here with us right now. I can only imagine how happy she would be, knowing she has a sibling now."

"I'm sure she is ecstatic right now." Sa'eed remarked, caressing her arm. "Ahmad must have told her the good news."

"When can she get to see her brother, habibi?"

"Soon, in sha Allah." He assured. "We will go visit her once you've fully recovered and the baby is strong enough to travel."

"I miss her terribly." Maryam voiced. " I wonder what she's doing right now."

"I miss her too, but we will just have to keep being patient. It's all for her own good." Sa'eed reminded. "Now, let me have my baby." He stretched out his arms and Maryam passed the baby to him.

Sa'eed gazed lovingly at him. Not having to speak a word, his facial expression conveyed his unspoken words. How happy he was to be welcoming another child into the world. He had a daughter and now a son, what more could he ask for? He was happy, contented and grateful to Allah for blessing them with such priceless gifts. He placed a gentle kiss on his forehead, his left cheek, right one and the last one on his tiny nose. "Thanks for another beautiful baby, habibty." He smiled, rocking him back and forth.

Maryam smiled back. "We still need to choose a name for him. What name do you want him to bear?" She inquired.

"Imran." Sa'eed blurted the first name that came to his mind.

"Wow! Imran. I like it." She smiled. "Baby Imran is so adorable."

"Just like his ummi." Sa'eed winked at her, before averting his gaze back to the sleeping infant.

Maryam blushed.

"Welcome to the world, baby Imran." Sa'eed cooed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You have a baby brother now, Manal. That's so amazing." Hassana squealed and to everyone's surprise, Manal remained emotionless.

"Aren't you happy?" Rahama questioned.

"I'm happy." Manal forced a smile.

"That's great." She caressed her cheek before sauntering upstairs.