68

EID MUBARAK, LOVES. 😍😘🌼❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

COMMENTS AND VOTES KEEP DECREASING WITH EVERY NEW CHAPTER 😑 please let me know if you're already tired of the book, so I can find a way to end it as soon as possible 😊

~~~~~~~~~

Emerging from the ward, Sa'eed met Maryam sobbing intermittently on a bench. His heart broke for her - she looked so pitiful - this was exactly what he was avoiding by insisting she didn't work. Had it been a job which wasn't time demanding, he wouldn't have had a problem with it, but her job didn't give her enough time to spend with her daughter, to take care of her needs, to help her with school assignments, to tuck her into bed at night, reading her bedtime stories, to be able to witness her say her first word and take her very first step - indeed she had missed a lot and though he would never admit it to her, he knew it would be almost impossible to make up for her mistakes, for the moments would never return again and given that, Manal was a very sensitive child. "Habibty." He called in his ever gentle voice, placing a hand underneath her chin and raising her head. The pain in her glossy eyes couldn't be masked even if she tried. "Don't take what Manal said to heart. She's only a child. She doesn't mean what she said."

"Is that what she told you?" She asked, fixing her gaze in his. "Did she tell you she didn't mean what she said to me?"

Sa'eed sighed. "She doesn't really need to tell me. I know it for a fact. You're her mother and that will never change."

"Am I?" She asked with a heavy heart. Was she? Well her daughter didn't consider her, her mother anymore. She might not have said it directly, but she did by her actions and actions speaks louder than voice.

"Habibty." Sa'eed started. "I know this might be difficult for you to take in right now, but it shouldn't hold you down. I'm sure she's going to get over this soon enough." He assured. "She can't possibly be mad at her Ummi for a very long time." He reasoned.

"I don't think so." She wiped her tears with the palm of her hand. "You should have seen how she looked at me.... She looked at me with... With..." She trailed off. "I don't even know the right word to use. Was it... Hatred?"

Sa'eed swallowed, making his Adam's apple bob to and fro. "You're blowing things out of proportion. Manal doesn't hate you. She can never do and besides, she is too young to even know what that word means, talk more of being capable to hate someone, especially her mother. Believe me, habibty, your daughter does love you a lot."

Maryam shook her head in disagreement. "That was not what I witness in there." She pointed at the ward. "A while ago. Even in her nightmares, she calls out to you for help. Not me. I get what you're doing, but you seriously need to stop, I'm not a child and I can see and understand things clearly. I just need to adapt to it. Don't worry about me, with time, I will get used to it." She forced a smile.

Tears welled up in Sa'eed's eyes as well. He was instantly consumed by pity for his wife and could only imagine what she was going through. He was there when she did all she could to save her child from Nafisa's clutches. He was there when she demanded for a divorce - something he was a hundred and one percent sure she would never do on normal basis, but she did - only for her daughter's sake. He was also there when she couldn't stop crying, when she swallowed her pride and knelt down in front of Nafisa. When she swore to be a better mother to her and when she didn't leave her side even for a moment when she was unconscious - except for when she went to offer her obligatory prayers. He was also there when she begged to be taken and hurt instead of Manal. Indisputably, only a mother would be able to do these things and she had proved to be a mother in these aspects. She committed a mistake, but it was about time she was forgiven - she deserved to be.