Good things still in the water

Start from the beginning

" H-Hoolan." You whispered out his name, what was wrong with him? That's all you could think to yourself before the raft suddenly started moving. You yelped and looked around frantically. There was not enough wave power for it to have pulled the raft completely off the sand. Plus it was not fallowing the waves, it was going away from the beach steadily.

The cool wind pulled your hair back gently and cold water splashed over the sides of the raft and onto your fingers and leg. Looking around, the water was a light blue, and clear at the same time, clear enough to see the ocean floor if you leaned over enough.

And you did, but only to get a better look at an untied vine that only what you could guess was attached to the thing pulling the raft. You leaned over the raft and looked into the clear waters below. Looking down the vine to its end and seeing a pale figure under the water.

You could not make out a lot because it was under the water, but it was pale, very bulky but swimming very smoothly, and you could barely make out the little black eyes on the front of its head. It was Hoolan. He left the body and was now in another form.

You leaned up and took a look back at the beach. It was a bit of a distance away and the body looked to be the size of a toy soldier now.

You looked back in the direction Hoolan was pulling you in and gasped. You were now above a blooming coral reef with fish and other ocean life everywhere! the coral was bright and vibrant, mostly being a light shade of pink with red, blue, green, and yellow dotted in here and there.

You learned a bit closer to the edge, absolutely mesmerized by the glorious natural painting in front of you. You reached your right hand into the water and felt it swoosh away as you were pulled through the reef. It was cold, but not freezing, and if it was not for your condition you probably would have leaped in.

Hoolan pulled you through little cities of fish and you laughed as they swam away in a flurry. Some even leaping out of the water and flopping onto the raft. You quickly returned them to their home though.

You layed on your side and rested your chin on your arms as gazed lovingly into the waters below. catching sight of hundreds of fish, Starfish, and sea urchins. Watching the Crabs, shrimp, octopi, sea turtles and even a shark that swam close, but seeing the thing pulling you, quickly sped off. oddly enough though, the sea turtles paid Hoolan no mind.

They continued to swim calmly as Hoolan pulled you past them. One breached the surface for air, and you were able to slide your hand over the top of its shell as you passed it. it was smooth and felt like moss over marble. It looked that way too. emerald green and white brown under a thin layer of sea moss.

You watched it dive underneath the water again, then turned back to the sight in front of you to watch the sea life as you were pulled along the surface.

It took you a minute to realize that you had stopped moving. The raft now floated and slightly bobbed on the calm waves over the Reef. You leaned over the edge where Hoolan was, only to find the vine swaying freely in the water. Hoolan nowhere to be found.

You wriggled around to one side to peer over the edge, then to the other. All the while being careful as to not accidentally tip the raft and go sliding into the water.

You screamed as something burst from the water behind you, grabbed you, and pulled you into the cool ocean water. Bubbles floated in your vision as the world around you grew blurry, but the saltwater for some reason did not sting your eyes.

You tried to propel yourself back up with your arms, kicking your leg wildly. Hoolan had you in a strong but gentle grip, however, so you remained in his hold as the two of you sunk deeper into the reef.