The beasts fragile heart

You couldn't feel anything but pain anymore. Everything was numb, even your mind. Everything that happened around you was a blur, You could hear Hoolan talking to you, but you could never make out what he was saying. It was as if he was at the end of a tunnel, but he was right next to you.

Your leg stopped hurting, at least when it was kept still. When you tried to move it, or when Hoolan moved you. The agony would shoot throughout your body again. Every now and then Hoolan would drag you to a new part in the cave, trying to get you to stand on the leg you had left. You couldn't though, you had no strength left, not even enough to lift your head.

Hoolan tried to get you to eat as much as possible, but you had stopped eating, in general, a while ago. You couldn't keep anything down anymore. At first, it would be a couple of minutes before you would throw it all back up, but now your body rejected it as soon as it entered your stomach. It got to the point where he was so desperate for you to eat, that he even tried the whole eating it himself then regurgitating it up for you. That didn't help in the slightest

You had no Idea how long it had been since your failed escape attempt. It could have been a couple of days or a couple of weeks. You didn't know, because you were constantly fading in and out. Hoolan was constantly hovering over you like a demon. You knew he was pretty worried, but from your point of view, it seemed more like he was looking for a good spot on your neck to rip your throat out.

He would lay next to you each night. resting his head on your chest, and listening to your heartbeat. Your frighteningly slow heartbeat. Thump... a long moment of silence... thump, and repeat. He probably did it out of fear that at any second it might stop completely. which was quite possible. You knew it, he knew it too.

You were dying

_ _

" Polyp." His voice sounded from the darkness " Y/N open your eyes, please," You took in a sharp intake of breath, how long had you stopped breathing? You didn't even know that you had stopped. You cracked your eyes open at a snail's pace. The room was blurry, you could make out Hoolans shape in front of you. After a moment it cleared up and you saw Him gently stroking your face. You didn't feel a thing

He let out a shaky breath that he had been keeping in. Usually waking up to those black eyes would have made you jump out of your skin. However, that was before he had taken your spirit and crushed in in his possessive grip. He moved his hand to stroke your hair but stopped as some fell off your head and onto the floor at his touch. His gaze stayed on the strands of H/C For a second before he turned around to grab something.

You saw him lift a fish to your mouth, trying to get you to eat. You didn't even move your mouth in any way shape or form. After a few minutes of this, he gave up and gently grabbed a hold of you, slowly lifting you up. You let out a heart-wrenching cry that tore his heart apart as your crippled leg was shifted. In the past, it had still hurt like Hell when he moved you. Now the pain had doubled- no tripled.

At your cry, Hoolan immediately set you back down. Usually, You would be crying your eyes out at the pain, but your body had no more tears to shed.

" I'm sorry polyp!" Hoolan whispered shakily to you. He reached down and you heard the tearing of fabric as he tore your pant legging on your left leg apart. You heard him take in a sharp, quiet breath. With what little energy you had left you were able to flick your eyes down.

From the way your head was angled, you couldn't make out much. What you did see of your leg though was absolutely horrific. Your leg was smothered in black vein marks that covered about 85% of your leg. Whawasn'tnt black was an angry shade of red.