Dropping Some Eaves

Request: What about (y/n) confesses her feeling about legolas to her friend but legolas overhears the conversation without her knowing and eventually tells her @gk_roth73 

(Y/N) had not seen her friend, Aelinor, in decades and received a letter that she was arriving in Mirkwood this afternoon. She could not wait to catch up with her friend. They had known each other since they were born, being nearly the same age. The two elflings were glued to the hip going on adventures or playing dress-up in their mothers' gowns.

They were inseparable until they came of age and Aelinor's family sent her to Rivendell to meet an ellon of higher rank than she was. Meanwhile, (Y/N) stayed in Mirkwood to live out her days. Her parents were planning to promise her to an elf lord, but they had not officially gotten around to it when their were killed in an orc raid.

(Y/N) had butterflies in her stomach as she had been waiting since waking at dawn for her friend to arrive. She had made plenty of friends in Mirkwood, but she cannot recall happier times than being with Aelinor as elflings.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a squeal, "(Y/N)!"

(Y/N) whipped her head around to see none other than her childhood friend. "Aelinor!" She yelled back as they had a stood in a lengthy embrace.

"My, my you have grown into a beautiful young elleth,' Aelinor complimented.

(Y/N) giggled in appreciation for her friend's kindness, "As have you, mellon nin."

They stood clutching onto each other's arms for a moment taking the other in, wondering what has happened in all these years to make the other as they appear before them.

"Come, sit and tell me everything that has happened since I last saw you," (Y/N) begged.

The elleths talked for hours with smiles on their faces and laughter filling the halls surrounding them. They spoke for so long that it began to get dark without either of them realizing. But there was one burning question (Y/N) had for Aelinor before parting that night.

"Mellon, tell me, did you ever find the one for you in Rivendell?" (Y/N) asked.

Aelinor blushed and looked at her shoes. As she fidgeted with her fingers she responded, "I believe I have." She leaned in closer to (Y/N) and whispered, "We are very much in love, but I am not sure his father would approve."

(Y/N) was appalled at such a thought, "And why wouldn't anyone approve of a wonderful elleth such as yourself. Surely, he can see that you would be a wonderful daughter-in-law."

Aelinor sighed, "There is one problem, mellon, that his father will not see beyond. That is that I am a Mirkwood elf of low rank and my beloved is the son of Lord Elrond."

(Y/N) gasped, "No way! You fell in love with one of the twins??"

Aelinor chuckled, "Yes. Can't say I disappointed my parents; Elladan is one of the highest ranking ellons there is in Middle Earth."

"No, I suppose not. How do you suppose you'll be able to be together?"

"That is an answer for another day," Aelinor sounded defeated. "But tell me, is there an ellon in your life. Is there a very lucky ellon to have won your heart?"

(Y/N) bit her lip. "There is one, but I don't believe he carries any feelings for me. We meet weekly, but barely share any words between us."

"Will I know this ellon?" Aelinor pried.

(Y/N) rubbed her temple and squeezed her eyes closed, "Everyone knows this ellon. It's the prince."

"Legolas?!"