>>Twenty-three<<

Zara's POV

The next day Wyatt had everyone training extremely hard, no breaks. Everyone except me because I had my different sides under control. So instead I stayed by Stella's side and played with her.

"Zara, can I talk to you for a minute?" Wyatt showed up suddenly and asked.

He used my name. This must be serious.

"I'll be right back, Ella," I told her and she continued playing.

"Hey, what's up Wyatt?" curiosity killing me.

"Have you seen Leilani lately?" he asked and I realised that I haven't.

"No," I simply said and he nodded in thought.

"No, Wyatt, just no," I denied when I noticed what he might be thinking.

"Zara, it's possible," he said.

"Just because it's possible doesn't mean it's more likely," I jabbed my finger in his chest and he held onto it and kept it on his heart.

"She came to our territory unexpected as a stranger not too long after a creepy dude came and claimed you were his," he said and he made a point.

"I knew I couldn't help her," I shook my head.

"What do you mean by that?" he tilted his head to look directly in my eyes.

"I knew from the beginning that she was a dark witch. When she hugged on the first day I didn't feel a connection. I didn't feel a soul but I felt like there was a little good in her. Like she wanted to change but she couldn't,"I explained and he sighed.

"Love, it could be a facade. She wanted you to trust her and you did," he placed his hand on my cheek and looked at me pitifully.

"You should really listen to him Zara. He is right," Leilani's voiced echoed behind us.

Wait, what? Leilani?

"Let's make this quick and simple right? I need Alpha Wyatt Stone's heart on a platter," she blinked and tilted her head to the side looking slightly intimidating.

"Why are you doing this Lei?" I asked still in denial of the girl standing infront of us.

"Your dear almighty mate killed my parents. So it's time for him to kick the bucket," she smiled and clapped her hands twice. "So chop chop."

"Who were your parents?" Wyatt beat me to ask.

"How could you not know the names of the people you killed? Alpha and Luna Thorne duh," she rolled her eyes.

What? How could that be? No that's not possible. There's no way I couldn't have known.

"So you're my sister?" I asked and she looked at me like I said the dumbest thing in history.

"No, idiot," she insulted.

"Listen Lei, this might sound ridiculous but Alpha and Luna are my parents," I told her and she shook her head vigorously.

"No you're lying. They said!" she blurted but stopped mid-sentence and Wyatt and I looked at each other confused then looked back at her.

"They? Who's they?" I asked carefully not wanting to sound rushy.

"The rest of the dark witches obviously. They told me Wyatt killed mom and dad and the whole pack. They sent me here to spy on you guys and when I found out that your last name was also Thorne, I confronted them about it and they said the name is was quite common among vampires and I believed them because I didn't see any resemblance between us. They said that if I killed Wyatt, then the pack would surrender which gives them a chance to attack and capture you," she explained and held her head down in shame.

"Yeah but Lei, how did you end up with them? Why did we not know each other?" I asked her and she shrugged her shoulders.

"Hold on, I learnt about one of the things I was capable of. Do you trust me?" I asked her and she nodded her head.

I placed my index fingers at her temples for guidance to her memories. I closed my eyes to see clearly what was going on. I realised the witches pushed the memory of her childhood to the farthest of her head which was why she didn't remember.

She was playing hide and seek with mom and she ran too far into the woods.

"Lei, Lei come back to mommy please," mom sounded so worried.

"You have to find me first mommy," Lei giggled.

"It's getting really dark. We can play tomorrow okay sweet angel. Don't you want cherries?" mom tried until she heard a squeal of excitement that I presume belonged to Lei.

"I'm coming mommy. I'm coming," she giggled and continued running.

Mom waited for quite awhile until a man stood with Lei in his arms.

"Hello Luna. We're gonna need your daughter. We're gonna have such a good time together," the blonde haired guy said with a crooked smile that looked familiar.

"Please mommy can I go with uncle Dylie," Lei pleaded.

"Oh I'm sorry, manners. I'm Dylan. It was nice meeting you, Say goodbye to mommy little Lani," the guy said.

"Please, don't take my baby. Please," mom cried and begged.

"Congrats on the child," he said and vanished in thin air. The last thing was heard was mom's wolf growl.