26 "Never."

Six months later

Jasper and I exchanged a nervous glance for the fifth time while both of us holding the letter in the hand. The letter which was going to determine the future of each of us and, most importantly, possibly going to separate us.

"Ready?" He asked.

"Yes." I fired up my courage.

We teared off the closure. I unfolded the piece of paper carefully, peeking inside.

I screamed, and flung my arms around Jasper blissfully.

"Dear Mr Morgan,

we are glad to inform you about your admission to the course 'Computer Science'. Please ..." I read out loud.

Jasper chuckled and hugged me tight.

"Congratulations, babe. You got admitted, too. To law, obviously," he announced equally delighted.

We remained in that entangled position for an eternity. I enjoyed the crisp spring air and the warmth radiating from my boyfriend's body. His scent was  intoxicating, like always. I felt so safe and loved in his arms despite the fact that the divorce of mum and dad was becoming official tomorrow. If it hadn't been Jasper I wouldn't have endured the last six months of being constantly left alone in the house. Mum worked. Dad worked. He told me that once I was in college he would move away.

"What about the house?" I had asked bitterly.

"Your mum and I agreed to sell it," dad had answered blandly. I'd remembered the time when it was built. Mum and dad had spent months conceiving the perfect plan. They were so happy.

"Promise me that, should we get married one day, no matter how busy work is, we won't stop making time for each other," I said to Jasper tenderly.

His crystal clear blue eyes turned dark. Every playful feature of his countenance vanished as he stated sincerely, earnestly, and solemnly: "Never."

The End