25 "We haven't finished the starter yet."

We went back to his place.

"I apologise on Josie's behalf," he said tiredly, throwing his bag to the corner of his bedroom.

He lowered himself on his bed, staring at me expectantly. My head was a mess. I climbed up onto his lap wordlessly, straddling him. Burying my face in the crook of his neck, I finally let the tears drop. Tears of happiness, frustration, fear and irritation.

"Shh ..." He caressed the back of my head.

"My ... my pa ... parents are ... are get ... getting a divorce and my sister is staying in Canada. I'm going to be all alone." I whimpered.

"Bullshit. You've still got me. And you're still gonna to see your parents, only separated."

I leaned back. "You are not mad at me about being irrational and pushing you away?"

He cocked his head. "Very. But I am to blame as well. I should've consider things more from your point of view and not trusted Josie blindly."

I squeezed him tight and giggled. I must look ridiculous laughing and crying at the same time.

"Let me shower, then we'll talk some more?" His voice rumbled agreeably against my skin.

I consented.

_

The digital clock on the nightstand indicated 8:23. Darkness had begun to set in. Jasper laid beside me, eyes closed and breathing evenly. I must've fallen asleep while he was in the shower. I let my gaze wander. He was so beautiful. Dark, long lashes, perfectly-shaped nose and full, crimson lips. I touched his cheek with my finger knuckles. It was smooth.

He moved. "What time is it?" asked he in a husky, sleepy voice.

"Half eight."

He groaned, and covered his eyes with his forearm. "I'd love to keep sleeping but I'm fucking starving."

It suddenly struck me that he must have not eaten for twenty hours. I swung myself out of the huge, comfortable bed so as to check out the fridge.

I returned, shaking my head. "Nothing."

"Fuck," he groaned again, frustrated.

I walked over to the spot where I dropped my bag and picked up my phone.

"Pizza?" I raised an questioning eyebrow.

He didn't object.

While I placed the order I could feel his smouldering gaze on my back. All of a sudden Jasper was standing behind me, planting small, tender kisses on my neck. My breath quickened. I ended the phone call with a slight trembling voice.

He turned me around so we were facing each other. "For starter, I could just feast on you," he said hoarsely. Then he lifted me up like a princess, returning to bed. My heart was pounding madly. He was half-naked. His pajama pants hung low on his hips, revealing the V and a strand of dark hairs. He clearly did not wear underwear under the thin fabric.

He hovered above me for a second before crushing his lips down onto mine, swallowing my surprised squeal. I clung to his torso, caressing his sculpted back. He licked and bit my tongue. I sighed. Slowly he travelled downwards to my neck, eventually the swell of my breasts. His big, masculine hand found its way under my T-shirt. He looked up for a second, mutely asking for permission. I nodded barely perceptible. Halfway through getting rid of my bra, the doorbell chimed. We both froze, and  broke into laughter immediately.

He jumped out of the bed. His hair was a mess but he looked gorgeous anyway. In a nanosecond he retook his former position, unclasping my bra. "Jesus, I am a fucking lucky bastard. You are stunning, babe," he gruffed before commencing sucking my nipple. I gasped. His had such a magical mouth.

"What about the pizza?" I asked absent-mindedly.

"Fuck the pizza. We haven't finished the starter yet."

I giggled.