3 "You - seem like trouble."

His messy, almost black hair stood in extreme contrast to those crystal blue eyes. He was about six feet tall and dressed in a black sweater and a pair of light blue jeans that were rolled up at the ends.

"Sorry for being late," he breathed heavily, "my alarm didn't go off." His deep, silky voice sent hot and cold spikes down my spine.

Mr Ragger hardly acknowledged him, tilting his head to the side slightly. Since the only remaining seat was next to me, he automatically headed in my direction. The hairs on my neck stood up. I shouldn't be interested. I shouldn't be gaping at him. But I did. Strangely, he was looking at me, too. Our eyes were locked for an eternity. I didn't even noticed he'd stopped a few centimeters away in front of me, lingering there and just staring at me. His eyes black as ...

A cough interrupted that moment. "Jasper, you sit down or I'll give you detention."

"Fuck off", he cursed quietly, breaking our eye contact and sat down. As soon as Mr Ragger resumed talking about the geography book, Jasper leaned in towards my ear, his clean scent brushed my cheek. "Has he accidentally swallowed a bomb or why's he being so touchy today? Normally he's quite fond of me," he whisper-asked.

I frowned, commenting dryly: "A teacher's fond of someone who's late? How ironic. For the record? I don't believe it's your first time."

He grinned treacherously and crossed his muscular arms in front of his chest. "Really. Why would you think that?" His grin was wide and showed his even white teeth. It made his dimples appear and his eyes sparkle. It literally took my breath away. I had to avert my gaze for a couple of seconds in order to gather myself. Eventually, after having ensured Mr Ragger was still immersed in his explanation of the table of contents, I turned towards Jasper slightly. I gestured with my hand motioning up and down his frame. "You - seem like trouble."

He looked down at himself. "Thanks." He flashed me a grin. Again. My heart involuntarily skipped a beat. Damn him.

I scowled. "That was not a compliment."

He shrugged, running his fingers through his short dark brown hairs and smirking shamelessly. "It was. For me."

Letting out a quiet hysterical cry, I decided to focus on Mr Ragger. Otherwise Jasper's provocation was going to ignite my temper. And I so didn't need that.

"So who pissed Mr Ragger off?"

When I didn't answer, he took a strand of my auburn hairs and commenced playing with it by curling it around his fingers and slightly tugging it.

My patience was gradually hitting the limit. I fought against the soaring rage and hissed: "It was me, alright? Now stop whatever you're doing!"

To my surprise, he complied. Unfortunately, only for a minute or so. "You don't seem like trouble, Ellen White." He peeked at the cover of my journal.

I indeed wasn't. People were telling me that all the time. I couldn't claim that I liked it. "Thanks," I replied half-heartedly.

"That was not a compliment," he aped me. I could hear the cocky grin in his tone. Biting my cheek to suppress my own hilarity, I shot back equally: "It was for me."

He chuckled. "You're witty, White."

I believed that my face actually burnt up. Something that had never happened before.

"And for the record?" He added. "That was meant as a compliment."

I wanted to thank him for saying such a nice thing but out of my mouth it came instead: "I didn't take it otherwise." Totally inappropriate and haughty. Damn, what was wrong with me?

Luckily, the bell went, ceasing the awkwardness. I hastily stuffed everything into my bag and jumped up, attempting to push past him. But he didn't show any inclination to let me. That cocky bastard.

Consequently, I tripped over him, landing on his lap. Fortunately everybody was being busy getting out and therefore hardly catching the incident.

"Y'know that you don't have to throw yourself at me in order to get my attention, right?" He asked quietly, his lips barely touched my ear. My breath hitched. I was suddenly hyper aware of his grip around my forearm and his heat on my backside.

I punched him in the rips with the elbow, and he loosened his hold temporarily. I seized the opportunity, and fled.

Please let me know if you like the chapter. Thanks a lot!